How can I figure out if a guy I’m dating has ambitions?

he's not in school or working at the moment. He tells me that he's been looking for work and this has been since I met him fall 2017. I would just ask but I dont wanna come off as rude or seem boujee lol

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you asked what he wants to do?

2|0
    0|0
    • No, but he did tell me he told me he wanted to get back to his music

• Show All

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Its pretty simple. Find out what he likes to do. Then find out what he wants to do and why. Next ask him how he plans to Get to the next step in achieveing the goal of what he wants to do. And then ask where he wants to end up in "x" amount of years.
    Ask him about his dreams or what really bothers him in life that he would like to change even on a small scale.

2|0
    0|0
  • Just ask. If he gets offended, that's kind of an answer in itself.

3|0
    0|0
  • Casually asking what he hopes for the future isn't rude

2|0
    0|0
  • Ask him what he wants in life and what his dreams are.

2|0
    0|0
  • Obviously he hasn't been looking very hard.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ask him questions about what he likes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Age range. Is he a millennial? The probably no ambition whatsoever. Our age range just doesn't have it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha I do! he's 25

• Show All
    • I was being honest and positive about myself and you came in trying to kill that with whatever statistic you read. You didn't deny it was an insult, so you know it was wrong. I don’t need to prove anything to you so this is the end from me. Bye

• "Statistics" - Plural. And no, you took it as an insult. When in actuality it is just an overall "fact". You don't believe in real life stats though. In that case there is nothing else left to be said.

• to be fair the economy in the country is HORRIBLE, finding jobs is VERY difficult

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Been there 🙌🙌 Just ask him once in a while how job searching is going, and if he isn't sure try and help him with ideas of places to apply, and if he shoots them all down or gets lazy with searching you'll know. Just as long as he knows your worth and treats you right and plans to always better himself in some way, that's important for relationships but gets overlooked for some reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • Start up a conversation about what your interests are and hopes for the future, then kind of prompt him to do the same. Or just come out and simply ask him. I don’t think it will come off as rude unless you have a demeaning tone or act like he’s really not doing anything with his life. Just don’t seem critical of him.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes