What is wrong with me- 17 and never been liked by a guy?

people tell me I'm so pretty all the time, like people i've just meet or am not that close to. i always get compliments on my appearance and outfits because i always put so much effort into my appearance everywhere i go. i'm shy and quiet but nice to everyone, i try to smile and be open most of the time and when i'm with my friends i laugh a lot.
but then why have i never been asked out by a guy or told i'm pretty by a guy or just found out that one has had a crush on me? im 17 and while my best friend has had tons of boyfriends and lost her virginity i haven't even kissed a guy. i dont know what to do i feel so ugly and that no one will like me and i'm not even going to be asked out to prom:( what am i doing wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of guys are shy too. There is a good chance that at least one guy you know has a crush on you but he’s too shy to ask you out on a date. You should not let the amount of attention you get from guys determine how you feel about yourself. I think you have to find the right social setting outside of school (or maybe an extracurricular club or activity) so that you can talk interact with more people. Guys are more likely to ask you out of they know who you are and what you are interested in.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar situation as you (still am in the sense that no guy approaches me, but since I'm already in a relationship, I don't care). However, if you feel like that guys aren't attracted to you, just open your ears a little bit. I'm going to tell you now a story just to give you an example why you should listen to what happens around you. I was at a science festival and when I was helping my friends to carry some things for their projects, I heard a trio of guys talking about girls. As I passed besides them one of them pointed out to his friends that he thought I was pretty. And just like you, I get compliments for my looks by strangers but still I'm never approached.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• You probably just haven't noticed a guy who likes you or paid attention to any of them trying to show signs they are interested in you. Guys can be hard to understand, especially, if you don't interact with them a lot.

I'm 24 and I've never had a "serious" girlfriend. I've had romantic interests and all that, but never a stable girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • My opinion... approch a guy YOU like. Once you've done that and gained some experience you'll get approached much more often. The problem (in my opinion) you give off vibes that you're not interested or unapproachable. Only because you have no experience. You can fake it, but you'd be better off getting a boyfriend and more comfortable with dating then you'll be good to go, and you'll get thirsty dudes all over you until it's annoying and you have to get married to get a break from it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Just love who you are and be more of who you are... you say "I feel so ugly", compared to what? Trust in you... there is a future self of you already living the life you want. Look in the mirror and try this practise : say to yourself 'I love you, I really really love you'. See what changes for you even after 1 wk... come back to me if you want to know more...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think dudes think your ugly you probably just intimidate them with how you look. Some women and men can accidentally give off a unapproachable feel to them. You probably have that with men not your fault anyway you'll fine someone who will approach you some day.

1|0
    0|0
  • doesn't sound like anything's wrong with you. But you are in the presence of guys bumbling around trying to talk to the girl they like without looking weird and awkward. That and well around that age I was trying to be a professional gamer so maybe a few might be doin the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • When its right it will happen I don't know what you look like but I think its all about feeling right when the right guy comes along and likes you for you plus you saved a lot of doosh bag encounters with a guy s that don't value you

1|0
    0|0
  • Might be because you're too pretty.

Guys might (can) be too afraid to approach you.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are only 17. Does the laws of your country recognise you as an adult?If not, pls wait till you are legally adult&guys will run after you

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel as if we may be in the same boat here, but that doesn’t mean that you should get hung up over anything. High school is one of the worst places to find meaningful relationships. The popular guys date the popular girls, and the rest of us get left behind. You know what happens after high school? All the stigmas and misconceptions that people may make about you just leave. Their previous social status leaves them behind and you’re suddenly on an even playing field. It may seem like the end of the world for the time being, but none of that matters after high school. That’s about all I can say without any more specifics, but don’t be afraid to message if you need to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like you anon❤️

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Guys like many different aspects about a girl, but one thing that comes up quite frequently is guys like a confident woman; an independent individual who is content on their good traits as well as their "flaws" (don't really like the word coz they're not flaws, only in the eyes of the beholder). Maybe instead of trying to look good for them, let yourself focus on what you feel is good for you. You may find a few interested guys starting to flock. Funny world this one is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you probably have black hair and eyes, that's why.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes