Girls, Do you prefer younger or older guys?

Would you be open to dating a guy that's older than you, like if you're 19 or 20 and he's in his 30s or 40s? And if you're in your 30's or 40's would you date someone in their 20's?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think "more" females prefer older men since men mature slower than females (it's a fact). But there areeeee women out there who prefer younger men, possibly the feeling of domination or actual true love & tired of older men taking advantage of them? Personally I prefer older men because they've gone through life more than me and can appreciate a good woman and we can relate to so many things and responsibilities isn't just another harsh word 😂

1|1
    0|0
    • I completely agree with you. Men seem to not have the responsibility of maturing until later in life. And even then it's questionable. Lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• I’m 18 and my boyfriend is 27 and I’ve never been happier. Most guys my age and even a bit older still live at home and are fully dependent upon their parents. I moved out months before I graduated and am totally independent and doing well. My boyfriend matches my level of maturity. At first initial dating felt a tad weird because of the age gap, but now that we’ve been together for a while it’s been a fantastic experience for both of us.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's good to hear, I'm happy for you. People sometimes give my brother a hard time because he's 25 and he's dating a 19 year old. I'm confused by this because they're only 5 and a half years apart. I just always assumed women would be attracted to older guys anyways. It's just how nature made us.

• Show All
    • I'm pretty sure he likes you. If he just wanted sex than he wouldn't want to settle down with you, he'd be out there trying to hook up every other night. Maybe your parents are just upset to see you grow up so fast. That can be difficult for parents to accept, especially if it's to their daughter. And did you say that he already has kids?

• Yup two kids. A 4 year old and a 7 year old from a previous marriage

• Older. Younger guys usually haven't been through life as much as as an older woman so it's hard to relate to one another. I also have personal issues and would constantly worry about him wanting someone younger, better looking... however, I think it's a little gross for a 20 year old girl to date a 30 or 40 year old. They're on such different levels in life. And chances are a guy that old would have a daughter around the same age as th e girlfriend 😐

0|1
    0|0
  • Rn 25 max when I’m 21 40 but y’all got to be finically stable taking care of yourself with your life together if you had so much time I guess I can expect less on someone around my age and I’d also put my effort in to

0|1
    0|0
    • Looks like you've got your stuff figured out.

• Show All
    • Yes, you want your relationship to grow. Part of that is being financial stable and responsible. Most 20 somethings don't grasp that concept, you're really still an adolescent mentally at that age. But as you get older you will learn to adapt to the responsibilities of adulthood, which is excellent if you want a healthy relationship. I'm glad that you've already thought about this at your young age. Just make sure your partner understands that as well and you'll be in good shape!

• I mean I’m not gold digger not expecting a millionaire but someone not in huge debt I’ll obviously help though but thanks

• Older. There's been a few times I've been interested in guys in their 20s but I want someone older.

0|2
    0|0
  • God no way. Any older than 20 years I start to freak out.

0|1
    0|0
    • 20 years is a big gap. How come you don't like grandpa's? Lol, I'm kidding.

• no like 20 years old. I'm kind of the extreme where I'd prefer within 2 years but I've just come out of high school so that could influence my thinking.

• Oh, gotcha. Yeah that's probably why you feel that way. As you get older you may broaden your horizon of potential partners but then again everyone is different.

• I'm 19. I've strangely connected the best with guys over 30. I'm not saying I prefer them, but I wouldn't be opposed if it happened someday.

0|2
    0|0
    • I feel the same way about women to be honest. Although it makes me feel a bit weird.

• Older, but I wouldn't date someone over 30 (I'm 20)

0|1
    0|0
  • If im 19 or 20 i wouldn't date a person in their 30-40s but i love to date a person in their 25+

Or if im in 30-40s... 100% i would say no to date a young guy... but i would date a young guy in their 30+

0|0
    0|0
  • Claritin is an antihistamine, so yes. Look for the non-drowsy formula next time and you should be fine. Same thing with Benadryl

1|0
    0|0
  • I do like guys who are 10-20 years older than me, but I typically stick with dating guys who are only 5 years older than me. Somewhere in that range.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy, not the age.

0|2
    0|0
  • As long as he's legal I'm down lmfao

1|1
    0|0
  • Older :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Older,

0|3
    0|0
  • Older but not that older. 25 would be my top

0|1
    0|0
  • Around my age or a little older.

0|1
    0|0
  • No tooo old

0|1
    0|0
  • My limit is 3 years older

0|1
    0|0
  • Older

0|1
    0|0
  • Really older

0|0
    0|0
  • older but close to my age

0|0
    0|0
  • Like others have said, depends on the guy. But at age 19/20, I'd be cautious of dating guys significantly older than me (>7years). I feel like past 25ish tho, you're old enough+ mature enough to make responsible choices and not get taken advantage of.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's really smart of you. Just also remember to be careful dating guys your age as well. I would know, some of us can be real assholes. But there's also good ones too.

• My age or younger. Never ever older.

0|1
    0|0
  • +5 or -5 years for me is fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • im 21 and my fiancé is 34 years old (we are in the same PhD program). my situation is a bit extreme but i prefer older guys (although i wouldn't necessarily recommend dating with this big of a gap)

0|1
    0|0
    • That is a big gap but it's cool you found someone. My aunt and uncle are 17 years apart.

• I like younger guys the best so long as they're 19+

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes