Why did he say, from all the guys why did you choose me, I am not even that good looking?

i was hanging out with this guy. i was telling him about guys who chase me. he then said, from all the guys, why did you choose me, i am not even that good looking? why did he say that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Insecure, I guess. I'm still in awe that I have this gorgeous lady sending me affection online and stuff (from America, so nothing can happen), she thinks she's worthless and keeps telling me I deserve better. I tell her she's beautiful and sweet and I'm a mess xD (ah, abuse survivors "dating," it's a barrel of laughs lol) If I was to play armchair psychologist I'd say he was feeling insecure after you talking about being pursued by other guys and questioning his value to you when you have so many other options, and he likely doesn't, so clearly you're more ind emand than him, and more of a catch.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He is insecure and he wanted to hear some reassuring words

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Can you really not understand what he meant? Seriously? He means he thinks the other guys are better looking than himself, therefore confused why you went for him other them..

Very simple answer... how could you NOT understand that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah when you hear that he's either genuinely confused and insecure, or he is searching for affection. Tell him how much you love him more often maybe that'll do you two good

0|0
    0|0
  • He's looking for a compliment, I do that all the time I've been with my girl for almost a year and I'll be like why did you pick me and she'll be like cause you're handsome sweet and very caring he's just looking for some affection

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he doesn't think he is. Insecurities. If he likes you, you telling him about all the guys chasing you will make him feel even more insecure.

0|1
    0|0
  • He has self esteem issues; you should give him compliments, especially not on superficial things like looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is insecure and lacks self confidence, by asking for your approval it makes him feel better about himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he means it?
    You know men generally say precisely what they mean, right, without manipulative implication...

0|0
    0|0
  • He wanted to hear what you liked about him, what redeeming qualities you thought he had.

0|0
    0|0
  • he obviously has self confidence issues about his body and thinks ur really beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity

0|0
    0|0
  • Does it need to be spelled out for you?

0|1
    0|0
  • What did you say?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He is insecure, I say the same to my boyfriend because I feel like I am not worth his love somehow, and things like that. Show him how special he is, hearing compliment will help him to grow up the way he sees himself and confidence.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes