Does the “no contact” rule work?

Is it more for getting an ex back, or moving on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe it can work some cases.
    One of those cases would be if one side was being too clingy and pushy or if he/she suddenly stopped communicating with you.
    Ultimately with this you are just playing games and not being honest at all.
    If you did something wrong or really want to reach out to the perosn you love then do it and if that person doesn't want the same you do then you should move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • The relationship ended because he felt he could not make me happy - this was due to my insecurities and Low-self esteem. I knew i had these issues throughout the duration of the relationship. I am trying to work on realizing i was wrong to not trust him (even though he did some things on social media, that i felt people should not do in relationships - no. I do not mean cheating btw). And so, i brought to something, and i guess my ex had enough of my nagging and complaining and he ended it. I feel very badly, because i loves him - but, i was unable to love myself and looked for him to validate me. And so, we argued a lot and i became Controlling in some ways with social media - always worrying what he’s doing on it. I want to give him some time. I want to apologize and i want to try again. However. When we broke up. He told me “it’s over. We will not change. Happiness i not there anymore” - this was through text of course.

• I suggest before you apologize to him and think about reconciling you should work on your insecurities and self esteem first so that he will see that you changed.
      But dont forget that only you always come first. You are not doing this change for him, you are doing this for yourself.

• ^ what idontknow said

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience the "no contact" rule is more for when you want to move on. Sometimes it will cause an ex to become interested enough to contact you again. Usually though it seems that the ex's contact you again after a period of "no contact" to pretend to be friendly and try to get a booty call after x amount of time. I've never had it work out that it got us back together in a relationship.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on who broke up. If it's him there's a chance you are giving him what he needs to actually "detox" from you.

If it's you, again, it looks like the wrong move as him being hurt will seek for fast recovery and your distance will help him doing so.

So...

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated this lady for about a year in a half. And 20 plus years later we got back in touch. She broke up with me about a Year and a half. I can't let go , I love her so much what should o do?

0|0
    0|0
  • If you stick to. it. It will work
    it's so you don't rebound. Amd drag the break up longer.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i doesn't work. It doesn't work with anyone. Be it your friend or girlfriend or ex. I personally went through it and lost many people in my life.

0|0
    0|1
  • Funny thing is, this is not how you correctly depict silence in notes xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It 100% works. Move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's for moving on

0|0
    0|0
  • Moving on i'd say

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on... getting your ex back is BS... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Moving on I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • yepp,

its moving on

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• If the ex still cares, yes they might come crawling back coz they miss you. But if they don't, good riddance. So both of you can move on and love someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a trick to get people to move on! It doesn’t do anything else

0|0
    0|0
  • It's worked for me. You have to have grit. If you want to move on, you will. I'm not a heartless person but if you're in my life trying to fuck it up, you got to go boo

0|0
    0|0
  • It can go either way. Depends on what you’re doing while the no contact is in effect.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean?

• You need to take care of yourself. Not just sit and watch the phone and the clock waiting for no contact to end. You need to clear your mind and fill your body and mind with other things. No contact will work to give you clarity to know what’s really important if you take care of yourself

• No. Not for me. I will be the one to contact. Lol 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more what you mean by it and how the person reacts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Moving on

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn’t

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes