Does the “no contact” rule work?

Is it more for getting an ex back, or moving on?

913

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe it can work some cases.
    One of those cases would be if one side was being too clingy and pushy or if he/she suddenly stopped communicating with you.
    Ultimately with this you are just playing games and not being honest at all.
    If you did something wrong or really want to reach out to the perosn you love then do it and if that person doesn't want the same you do then you should move on.

• The relationship ended because he felt he could not make me happy - this was due to my insecurities and Low-self esteem. I knew i had these issues throughout the duration of the relationship. I am trying to work on realizing i was wrong to not trust him (even though he did some things on social media, that i felt people should not do in relationships - no. I do not mean cheating btw). And so, i brought to something, and i guess my ex had enough of my nagging and complaining and he ended it. I feel very badly, because i loves him - but, i was unable to love myself and looked for him to validate me. And so, we argued a lot and i became Controlling in some ways with social media - always worrying what he’s doing on it. I want to give him some time. I want to apologize and i want to try again. However. When we broke up. He told me “it’s over. We will not change. Happiness i not there anymore” - this was through text of course.

• I suggest before you apologize to him and think about reconciling you should work on your insecurities and self esteem first so that he will see that you changed.
      But dont forget that only you always come first. You are not doing this change for him, you are doing this for yourself.

• ^ what idontknow said

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience the "no contact" rule is more for when you want to move on. Sometimes it will cause an ex to become interested enough to contact you again. Usually though it seems that the ex's contact you again after a period of "no contact" to pretend to be friendly and try to get a booty call after x amount of time. I've never had it work out that it got us back together in a relationship.