Is interracially dating weird for a black girl?

Maybe 10 months ago, I had my first boyfriend but he was not black. A cousin of mine and my sister kept asking "do you not like black boys?" "U only like Mexicans?" "Why come you didn't have a black boyfriend?" And my cousin was like "u only date Mexicans?" And I was like "um.. it doesn't matter the color. And my cousin was like "oh I discriminate. I just love dark black men. I've seen attractive guys of all races but I really like black men." I was just like..."uhh okay?" I just don't see what's the big hang up all because I didn't date a black guy. I have no problem dating within my race it's just white guys and Mexicans seem to like me more than guys my race. I'm not racist. I like whoever likes me. What's the big deal? And why did my cousin make those ignorant comments?

106

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them "I will suck what I like and you suck what you like"

I promice they will leave you be lol

• 😂😂no

• Aww buck up buttercup! Give the war face!

Seriously though, remind them there's a song called "let's call the whole thing off". It literally goes over the point of you liking what you like and another NOT liking it but still you get over it together lol

• 😂😂okay but I'm not brave enough to say that

Most Helpful Girl

• Be with whoever makes you happy. In this generation we tend to see things a lot differently than past generations but does not mean that he past has been forgotten. Not saying your cousin is a racist or anything but at the end of the day everyone’s preference is different.

• She isn't racist I know that. She sounds a little ignorant