Is interracially dating weird for a black girl?

Maybe 10 months ago, I had my first boyfriend but he was not black. A cousin of mine and my sister kept asking "do you not like black boys?" "U only like Mexicans?" "Why come you didn't have a black boyfriend?" And my cousin was like "u only date Mexicans?" And I was like "um.. it doesn't matter the color. And my cousin was like "oh I discriminate. I just love dark black men. I've seen attractive guys of all races but I really like black men." I was just like..."uhh okay?" I just don't see what's the big hang up all because I didn't date a black guy. I have no problem dating within my race it's just white guys and Mexicans seem to like me more than guys my race. I'm not racist. I like whoever likes me. What's the big deal? And why did my cousin make those ignorant comments?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them "I will suck what I like and you suck what you like"

I promice they will leave you be lol

0|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂no

• Aww buck up buttercup! Give the war face!

Seriously though, remind them there's a song called "let's call the whole thing off". It literally goes over the point of you liking what you like and another NOT liking it but still you get over it together lol

• 😂😂okay but I'm not brave enough to say that

Most Helpful Girl

• Be with whoever makes you happy. In this generation we tend to see things a lot differently than past generations but does not mean that he past has been forgotten. Not saying your cousin is a racist or anything but at the end of the day everyone’s preference is different.

1|0
    0|0
    • She isn't racist I know that. She sounds a little ignorant

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Only if you make it weird, who cares what other people think its your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • be with who you want to be with

1|0
    0|0
    • I will of course. My happiness before anyone else's. I just wanted to know why my cousin made those comments

• Show All
    • Lol well I'm down for interracial dating. It really doesn't matter if my future boyfriend was white or black or etc. My parents raised me to love someone based off their character. Not their color.

• that's good, that's the way everyone should think

• Not weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • They sound racist!

0|0
    1|0
    • She isn't necessarily racist. She's just too opinionated

• I meant the cousin sounded a bit racist. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

• Are caucasian boys on your list?

0|0
    0|0
    • On what list?

• Show All
    • Most of the time I can tell the difference between a euro guy and an American guy based on certain facial features

• I Guess sometimes there is a accent also. so there's a difference you would say. Are euro guys attractive according to you?

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it's weird. I think it shouldn't matter.

Within the Black community I understand it's not always supported, and I think you need to consider what they are saying.

Ultimately it's your choice.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well what are they saying?

• Show All
    • Yeah. I'm sure you're right. People will have more to say. You cross certain lines in society and people just all have some opinion about it.

• Exactly

• Its sad that people are against interracial dating, marriage, etc. We are all people. It shouldn't matter what a person looks like. If you like/love them then that's all that should matter. Do you and don't let others bring you down or try to tell you what you should like or not like.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been in 2 interracial relationships both with white guys and my friends act funny about it like I’m suppose to only date black guys... do whatever makes you happy 😛

1|0
    0|0
  • No you are good..
    Dont worry about what others think Dont worry about your boyfriend and your skin color but listen to your heart your gut
    If your heart your gut says be with a Mexican guy so be it
    But listen to your heart and no one else

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope , i like all types of guys. I've once dated a Caucasian boy before & it was the cutest most diverse cultural thing ever😭

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I like em all. This is my first time dating a black boy.

1|0
    0|0
    • What kind of guy do u usually date? White? Mexican? Asians?

• Show All
    • Why did u turn him down?

• I wasn’t attracted to him.

• I used to “talk” to a white guy and my black friends did the same thing. I think it’s just a cultural thing because the only way in the past that a black girl was with a white man was if she was with her master (usually not willingly), or during the CRM when it might have been illegal or just condemned as people didn’t promote the races mixing. Of course times have changed drastically now, but we get a lot of our attitudes from our parents and grandparents who experienced the remnants of those things.

I wouldn’t take it seriously because I’m sure they were just joking. There’s nothing weird about it. It’s just your choice to be with who you like and who likes you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of-course not, I'm white and think there are beautiful black girls out there who I'd definitely date.

1|0
    0|0
  • about 10 months ago, i had my first boyfriend. he wasn't black. He's white.

I always hear about it. On Christmas we have these parties where we bring presents. And my friends gave me white chocolate (I hope you see where this is going)

and they said
    'Because you like em white'

and they also gave me milk chocolate to give to my boyfriend.

And I don't like chocolate flavoured things. I don't like chocolate ice cream, chocolate cupcakes/cake, chocolate milkshakes or chocolate milk. And I always never hear the end about it.

'Just like her man, she prefers vanilla'

My cousins are not like that but however some family memebers of mine are. My parents. They are racist and rude if a person is too tall, too short, chubby, fat, too black and it annoys me how they judge everyone in our language at the mall. They are racist to white people and say that white people are the racist ones. Unbelievable. They say stuff like 'white people can't shower or brush their teeth. White people can't look after themselves'

I'm just nervous if this relationship with my boyfriend works out they won't accept him. That they would never want him to be in our family. All because he has a different skin and eye colour. Because his hair is different and has a different facial structure. And my mum did also tell me she expected me to marry someone from my country and i do not want to!!!

And the best thing you should do is put aside those comments.

0|0
    0|0
    • My family isn't really racist. They just act like I'm obligated to only like black boys or something. You're family is definitely racist. If I were u, I would never bring my boyfriend around

• Show All
    • Yea they knew.

• They don't care about him being Mexican tho. Just they didn't approve of having a boyfriend. Now my cousin's comment was just silly I think "oh I discriminate". Like okay no one asked for her opinion...

Recommended myTakes