How do I know if he is for real?

harrisshirley84
Met this guy on dating site. We have texted every day for 23 days. He works 3rd shift, I work days. He’ll text me from work, thinking of you, sweet dreams. Sometimes we’ll text for hours on his night off, but he won’t talk by phone, I’ve been afraid to push so haven’t asked why. sometimes he just stops texting and later says sorry I fell asleep. He just started new day job and still finishing a few nights too so I know he must be exhausted. Several days ago he told me he had real feelings for me and asked about us meeting up but no specific plan. He wanted to finish up those nights first. Past few days he’s been taking longer to respond, and he always says I fell asleep. Two nights ago he said he slept all day but then fell asleep during our conversation! I keep feeling like he’s distracted;maybe talking to other women or even married. I texted him that I was feeling distrustful and not sure if I could keep doing this. He called me the next morning nearly in tears and said he’d call me to talk when I got off work. He texted me from work, then for a couple hours after his day ended. He said I scared him thinking I was through with him, that we have good chemistry, etc. Last text was 15 minutes before he was supposed to call. Texts me from work today that he had taken NyQuil and crashed. I told him I’d enjoyed our conversation yesterday but I had thought he was going to CALL me; I just want to hear your voice again. He said he could call tonight since he didn’t work again until tomorrow 3rd shift. Nearly 2a. m. and he’s not called. I’m so confused. He seems really into me when we text. He texts me from work every day, so I think he couldn’t be also texting other women? But he isn’t texting me during the normal times you would expect. And he didn’t keep his word about calling. If he texts me tomorrow that he fell asleep do I keep believing him? Do I keep having text conversations if he doesn’t call me? Am I just his back up plan?
How do I know if he is for real?
Add Opinion