Dealing with a daughter in another country?

Anonymous
I’ll try to be as concise with this as possible,

Im from Ireland, went on holiday with friends to Los Ángeles, while there met a girl, she was mexican. Ended up having a one night stand. We had fun the next day & exchanged details as i was leaving the day after. About a month later she calls me to tell me that she is pregnant. She asked me what to do & i said that we don’t know each other we can’t have a baby. So she agreed to have an abortion & no longer would speak to me. Then 2 weeks later called me to tell me she couldn’t go through with it & wants the baby & asked whether i wanted to be in babies life.

So fastworward a month & i left my job & family to move to mexico. Which now being here for a year & has been a nightmare, i didn’t speak a word of Spanish when i got here & still don’t speak much, as i was put straight to work in their family business 14hrs a day for no pay, just accommodation. On weekends i got a parttime job in an English school to earn some money.

the girl i met spoke basic English, but we never have got on. she doesn’t get my sense of humour & we don’t have anything in common other than we found each other attractive. i thought i would try and do the right thing & support her. It’s just been problems, i’m from a small family in Ireland & we just calm. here the family always has problems and drama, her family have shouted at me, been rude to me, isolated me. i already felt isolated as it is.

I spoke to my babies mother & told her i’m not happy here & i came with good intentions but i wanted to leave. She got nasty with me & said that i am abandoning them. Truth is i love my daughter but not her mum & i can’t make a life now here. whereas i can go back home, earn money & contribute to my daughter. i don’t know what the right thing to do is here. i don’t want my daughter to grow up hating me, but i feel like i can come visit often & always stay in contact & i think one day she would understand?
1
1