He stopped talking to me after he brought up that we have different political beliefs. Why would a grown up guy act like this?

tortoiseshell
I've been talking to this guy. He kept saying how much he likes me and what a gorgeous woman I am. I liked him very much too. During our last conversation he brought up that we have different political beliefs. He must have found it on my fb that I liked Obama. He said he loves Trump, and that might be a problem for me. I replied that one of the reasons that I dislike Trump is that he is disrespectful towards women, and as long as he is respectful towards me, I am OK with him or anybody having their own political beliefs. I am an open minded person, and would never let something stupid like different political beliefs ruin a good thing. He went off on me how much he hates Obama and hates his wife. After that he said he is going to eat dinner, and never talked to me again. Two days later texted him one time asking if we were going to meet, he didn't reply. So, I let it go. But it upset me, and I don't understand how a guy who said likes me so much could react in such a weird way. I am not Obama and not Obama's wife, but I feel that he projected his hatred toward them onto me.
4
1