How can I get my crush to talk to me?

sjskqejq
After months of ignoring my crush because it was hard to even look into his eyes and smile, I finally summoned the courage to talk to him. I asked him a question about an assignment, and he was nice in his response and smiled the whole time he answered my question. That was a few weeks ago. Now the school break is over, and classes have resumed. I thought talking to him and smiling would at least break the ice just a bit, and make him more comfortable to make eye contact so I could smile at him more, or even he could try to smile. But you can't smile at someone who doesn't make eye contact. I know he notices me, he has given off a few subtle signs but they are hard to read. Should I give up? Should I try to talk to him again, like "can I borrow your pencil for a sec?"I don't wanna make it obvious because I don't think he likes me...(I dont want to over-analzuye his actions to conclude that he likes me)... I dont wanna seem desperate cause I'm not. I just wanted to get to know him in a friendly manner to see what his personality is like... but Its so hard for me to talk to him
How can I get my crush to talk to me?
Add Opinion