Would you avoid dating if you were unemployed?

• Yes, I avoid dating if I were unemployed.
    Vote A
  • No, I don't avoid.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
And why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most males will say yes and some females will be ok with it becuse If you're a male then you should be able to support yourself first and your partner and that's socially acceptable but for females it's socially acceptable for them to either work or stay at home. this is how most world communities agrees on, not all though.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I'd avoid it and work on myself first. I want a quality partner not just a short term thing with someone I'm not compatible with. It's not impossible but I think the chances of finding that where I left be are drastically reduced if you're unemployed.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• In this 21 century, living in a city, family, career and finance comes first. You need to support yourself before you could share your happiness with someone else unless you can manage both. I wouldn’t like to depend on my parents or partner financially.

0|0
    0|0
  • I already have. Now I'm employed and I still don't have a girlfriend

i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0209/67/1349262033273.png

1|1
    0|0
  • Scale back on spending money but it is important to still be out there if you are a professional. I was once hired within 5 hours of quitting or as my boss said 'we should not work together'. I told some guys at lunch and that afternoon I was hired because someone else heard I was out of work. You just never know. We all have bad times.

0|0
    0|0
  • You date to find someone you want to be with for life. If you are bringing someone like that into your life, as a man I feel I should be able to at least take care of my own bills and finances before bringing that birden upon someone else just so i can "have fun and date", as some answers have read.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I spent five years of my 20's getting unemployment while looking for work and finding none. Even if money does not a relationship make, not having enough to take proper care of oneself is kind of a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I didn't think I could afford to take someone out and show them a good time at least once in a while, I'd avoid it. I wouldn't want to be any more disappointing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. First off, there's no way I can afford a girlfriend if I'm not working. Secondly, no girl is going to date a guy my age who doesn't have a job. I'd be wasting my time asking anyone out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not date- why sit at home, lonely and brooding? Just don't expect the other person to pay for everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not having a job would get in the way of me being able to be intimate with my partner, it'd be awkward to have to find some place else to hang out if I'm crashing somewhere else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I avoided dating simply because I didn't have the money to regularly go out on dates. If id had savings or something then i would have kept searching

0|0
    0|0
  • I am unemployed and homeless. Your confidence is drained and it becomes problematic due to hindrances that arise from this condition.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're focus needs to be on your job or school first. Dates can get expensive and need to save as much money as you can while you have no income.

0|0
    0|0
  • Partly... financial stable is the reason, a date need to be affordable indirect because going out with your girlfriend is a need for a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Money doesn't make the relationship. It is still possible for just one person to be working and the other one not.

0|1
    0|0
    • Dating is about getting to know someone, enjoying their company, and having fun times together. Who says that you always have to pay for date ideas?

In a relationship, for a little bit they could survive if only one of the two is working.

In some cases being unemployed is a temporary situation. And if I was interested or dating a female that wasn't currently working and I saw greatness out of her I wouldn't refuse to date her just cuz she doesn't have a job.

• Yes I would because I would need to focus on getting a job first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would avoid, dating and looking for a relationship if I do not have an income.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently unemployed and I would never consider dating in my current position.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not avoid it but I wouldn’t actively Pursue dating either.

0|0
    0|0
  • holy crap the difference between men and women are fascinating

0|0
    0|0
  • No, when I was unemployed I still dated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I avoid social media instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • being poor sucks

0|0
    0|0
  • Just avoid it regardless..

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never get unemployed and i have never date someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do because it's embarrassing to have to admit it to someone

0|1
    0|0
    • It is tough to admit your struggles. But a bunch of us no that we all have bad times. As long as you are trying and getting out there then people understand.

What Girls Said 4

• Guys are only interested in me when I don't have a job 😆 it's kinda funny looking back on my life, Everytime I had a job I was single except now and I know he isn't the happiest about me making more money even if he does get a free dinner out of it every once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want that person to think I am using them, I'd rather be finacial stable before I date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'd rather focus on myself before I start making time for someone else. No one wants to date a loser. You'll have to depend on them to pay for everything and to pick up and drop them off too. No thank you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't avoid.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes