Why is he avoiding answering my question about the status of our relationship?

So there's this guy I've been knowing for about a year. We only hook up from time to time & have never dated. Just a week ago i visited him, but had to cut my visit short because of an emergency. Right before leaving he hugged me & kissed my forehead. Shortly after i left him, he text me to say that he was missing me already. Im confused smh.
Sometimes he jokes about me hooking up with other guys too.
Just now i text him to ask exactly "what are we doing?" No response & it's been over a hour ago. What isn't he answering my text?
  • Interested
  • Not Interested

916

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he knows what you want to hear, but can't tell you that.
    Honestly - and you won't want to hear this, but it's a good thing. He isn't lying to you at least.

Don't pressure him cause you'll lose him quick. If things are going good let them. If you're looking for something more, like commitment (and don't ever use that word, it scares guys, use something like "exclusive" they mean the same thing)
    Anyway if you're looking for more and he's not at that point yet then you decide to either wait and remain positive, or move on. Don't feel bad about it and don't dwell on it either, if that time comes don't give him an ultimatum. Just inform him you're interested in meeting new people. He may at that time take a closer look at your relationship together and decide if he's going to do something about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• how about try communicating i your communication? that was pretty vague &cryptic as if written by someone who isn't ready to talk seriously. which will dissuade him if he wants to and encourage him not to if he doesn't.

just tell him what you want exactly, and if he doesn't want anything, leave it.