Can you find a boyfriend on Tinder?

So for a few months I've started using Tinder. I've never really had a boyfriend before, only when I was 12 but that doesn't really count haha.. I'm 20 now and almost all my friends already had boyfriends before or are in relationships now, even for a few years. In high school I was very shy and always liked one guy who didn't like me back. Since I start uni in August and have some more free time because I'm having a gap year I though I would maybe try out tinder. I met up in total with 6 different guys, some resulted in three dates and the others in two. I liked two of the guys and could see a relationship with them, but they didn't like me back. They were either just out of a long term relationship, still in love with their ex, too busy with their study and wanting to focus on that or just not that into me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or that Tinder is just not the best place to look for a boyfriend. It's just that every time I start to like a guy, they don't like me. Do you think it's still worth it to keep dating on tinder? Or just wait till uni and meet new people there and maybe start by being friends with them first?

1223

Most Helpful Guy

• as a guy who has been on tinder looking for a relationship and also for hook ups i can 100 percent guarantee you that tinder is for people who are trying to hook up and play games. yes you can find a boyfriend on tinder but the chances of it happening are very slim. in addition is that really how you want to meet you boyfriend? id recommend that you focus on your studies, and keep an open mind of the possibility of meeting that special someone. you aren't missing out on anything being single or being in a relationship because either or will happen when they are suppose to happen. also its important to not be desperate. good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, people do find people they end up in relationships with on Tinder, but it is mainly people looking for hookups.
    If you want something serious, the first thing you need to do is be honest about it. There are going to be people looking for hookups that'll match you anyway, but most of them will get bored/move on if you say you just want to talk for a while before actually meeting. Someone only looking for sex usually isn't going to waste their time on someone who's not giving them what they want.

Good luck, and remember, you'll find someone eventually. No need to stress about it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE