Can you find a boyfriend on Tinder?

So for a few months I've started using Tinder. I've never really had a boyfriend before, only when I was 12 but that doesn't really count haha.. I'm 20 now and almost all my friends already had boyfriends before or are in relationships now, even for a few years. In high school I was very shy and always liked one guy who didn't like me back. Since I start uni in August and have some more free time because I'm having a gap year I though I would maybe try out tinder. I met up in total with 6 different guys, some resulted in three dates and the others in two. I liked two of the guys and could see a relationship with them, but they didn't like me back. They were either just out of a long term relationship, still in love with their ex, too busy with their study and wanting to focus on that or just not that into me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or that Tinder is just not the best place to look for a boyfriend. It's just that every time I start to like a guy, they don't like me. Do you think it's still worth it to keep dating on tinder? Or just wait till uni and meet new people there and maybe start by being friends with them first?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• as a guy who has been on tinder looking for a relationship and also for hook ups i can 100 percent guarantee you that tinder is for people who are trying to hook up and play games. yes you can find a boyfriend on tinder but the chances of it happening are very slim. in addition is that really how you want to meet you boyfriend? id recommend that you focus on your studies, and keep an open mind of the possibility of meeting that special someone. you aren't missing out on anything being single or being in a relationship because either or will happen when they are suppose to happen. also its important to not be desperate. good luck!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, people do find people they end up in relationships with on Tinder, but it is mainly people looking for hookups.
    If you want something serious, the first thing you need to do is be honest about it. There are going to be people looking for hookups that'll match you anyway, but most of them will get bored/move on if you say you just want to talk for a while before actually meeting. Someone only looking for sex usually isn't going to waste their time on someone who's not giving them what they want.

Good luck, and remember, you'll find someone eventually. No need to stress about it.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Not sure where you live but if it's in a bigger city you might want to try coffee meets bagel or Bumble. These apps I think are a bit better for what you are looking for.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you get pasted all the assholes, maybe there will be a guy waiting for you. But don't get your hopes up. Way too many thirsty guys on tinder. Not different from women either, they are just looking for validation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder isn't appropriate for what you're looking for. You'll meet lots of people at university, some of whom will be interested in relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would wait for uni.

Although I had lunch at my old uni last Spring and almost all the students were staring at their phones or tablets instead of socializing. Made me glad I went when I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder has problems, yes. If you feel comfortable with it, continue using it. Don't relie on only one method though. Get out and try to meet people in the real world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tindr is a terrible place to find a girlfriend, and a highly improbable place to find a boyfriend. In honesty Tindr is more geared to hookups. Although hookups can become relationships, it is not ideal. And most guys on there are shitty or just want sex.
    If you want to use the Internet to find someone, I would suggest a trial run or possibly paying for Match. More of those people are honestly interested in a relationship.
    Personally I would try concerts and music festivals. You aren't drinking age yet, but a lot of bars that have shows let 18+ in. You can test the waters way quicker when meeting in person. I met the love of my life at Bonnaroo among 80,000 other patrons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Finders more hook ups but it happens mostly when ur not expecting it I'm not gonna lie I use tinder to try find my one but I know it ain't workig

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah you "can"... but you "can" also win the lottery.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, having a boyfriend at 12 DOES COUNT. I rejected a girl for that very reason.
    It is still young romance.

0|0
    2|0
  • Tinder is for hookups.

If you want a relationship, try something like eharmony.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you know about Tinder? I bet you've barely even used it. Tinder, just like any dating app, is simply an app that allows you to meet people. What you choose to do with the people you meet is up to you. But I know plenty of people, including myself who have gotten into relationships from Tinder.

• @Kkaos
      Go with the probabilities.

If a woman is looking for a relationship only, then using a site of mostly fboys and sluts isn't the most likely to help her meet her goal.

• Lol no. Its for sexy time. Not for meeting a stand up guy who cares about your feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • I made like 5 or more girlfriends from Tinder, it depends how you set it out 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • tryout more

although it depends on where you live too

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your reply! I live in the Netherlands :)

• ohhk

i dnt knw much about there, so cannot comment

but you can reduce your shyness and be with someone from your uni, that generally last long

comment down for more info (or if u can direct message that would be wonderful)

• Tinder doesn't work.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wait till university and meet people there

0|0
    0|0
  • Boyfriend? No.
    Horny teenager? Probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know I'm not looking for a boy friend

0|0
    0|1
  • I mean message me maybe ya don't need tinder ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Lemme show yu de wae

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait till uni. Tinder is for the fickle.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Although tinder is more geared towards hookups it definitely can work for you! I've got a friend who met his girlfriend on there and they're super happy together - just hang on in there!
    That said, uni is a great place to meet people too, so don't stress it if you don't find someone on Tinder, chances are you'll find someone once you start uni :)

1|0
    0|0
  • It's totally worth it, that's how I found my current boyfriend and in a few months we'll be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. And it's not like one cancels out the other, you can still be on tinder but also keep an eye out in real life for a potential boyfriend.
    My boyfriend was the second guy off of tinder that I actually went on a date with.

1|1
    0|0
  • There is nothing wrong with trying to find a guy on Tinder. I met my ex on Tinder and we dated for over a year and he wasn’t a creep. So it’s not true that everyone on there is looking for a hookup. However, a good majority of them are so you just have to keep that in mind and be careful. Also it wouldn’t hurt to try other dating apps as well and see if any of those work for you. You may have to go through a lot of guys to find a good one but they are there so just keep looking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have before, so I know it’s possible. A friend of mine found his boyfriend on Grindr too, so anything goes, really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ofc my friend met her man on tinder just video call eahc other so you know he's real at least or when you meet him bring a friend along

0|0
    0|0
  • The two people i tried dating from tinder fucked me over. One of them got into a relationship with me only for the sex and the other guy lead me on

0|0
    0|0
  • Never tried but it has a hook up reputation so I guess that's wot most guys on there are looking for

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • All men are crap. Sadly

0|0
    0|1
  • I met my boyfriend on tinder. Next month we will have been together for 2 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Met my boyfriend of 2 years on Tinder

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes