Why do guys give such crazy mixed signals?

Like when a guy says he likes you and wants to date and meet your family but also doesn't want it to get to serious.

Or treats you with care and respect in person but after he lives he won't talk to you for 2 days and when you ask he says your clingy? It's just confusing and honestly a turn off. Plus they say you're the confusing one! 😅 You think y'all could fill me in?

Him and I were friends with benefits on and off for over a year. No emotional connection besides lust, well from my end. Then a few months back he comes outta nowhere and wants more. I didn't, I thought it'd be messy and stressful. I enjoy the single life. Well he started showing me that he wanted more then sex and wanted an honest relationship. Well I thought why not? But then I probably messed up by not being emotionally available myself... when I told him he shut down. But now I know what I want...

326

Most Helpful Guy

• He is responding to your actions. You are obviously rushing things and he wants to take it a little slower than the pace you are setting.

The talking thing.. sometimes we are busy. Life comes first.

• Look we were friends with benefits on and off for over a year. I never felt anything but lust from him. Then one day out of nowhere he says he wants more, says that he wants to show me he's not in it for sex etc. Me being me, I'm like that's a bad idea, I still didn't like him like that. But he wanted to show me and he said he'll keep coming back even if I don't want him to. Now I feel like the roles changed. And i personally feel turned off and confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• b none if that stuff IS serious. it feels good in the moment but its nothing you ant check out of. he wants the fun & intimacy of a relationship with an exit key.

itys not mixed. its just there are these odd symbols of convention where you do such & such when its at a certain level, but really you an do anything at any time independent of levels.

he's saying he likes it now but doesn't want to have to e obligated to continue it if he doesn't like it anymore. which is what dating is. you try all these things and play at relationship and it other works or not. if you just want to date as well there's no problem here. if you want something more committed then you guys are not suitable.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't persue things if he's disrespectful. wanting to trey things out is one thing but playing hot & cold is not part of that. he's just being a shit head.