On a first date - do you prefer to go on a night-time date , or day-time date?

Do you prefer to meet up for a first date, during the day-time or night-time? Or do you not really have a preference?

• On a first date - do you prefer to go on a night-time date , or day-time date?Nigh-time date
  • On a first date - do you prefer to go on a night-time date , or day-time date?Day-time date
  • On a first date - do you prefer to go on a night-time date , or day-time date?No preference , night or day
    Vote C

1719

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to feel that for a first date, daytime is better. There are usually more options for doing something social as an icebreaker, rather than, say, going out for dinner where most people feel like they've got to be talking throughout to keep things going.

Most Helpful Girl

• For a first date, I'd prefer a day-time date.
    - They're more casual and relaxed. Night-time dates have a kind of formality to them that makes me feel more nervous (and I'm already nervous enough as is on first dates).
    - More places are open during the day, whereas at night it's mostly restaurants, clubs, and bars (and the cinema, which I think should be avoided on a first date).
    - And, if you start your date earlier in the day, you have more time on your hands, so if the date is going well, you can extend it. Once you're done with the coffee shop, for example, you can go take a stroll through the park or explore some of the shops.