How Important is Physical Attraction When Looking For a Spouse?

How Important is Physical Attraction When Looking For a Spouse?Attraction is personal hence I'm not referring to socially acceptable beauty standards. Attractiveness can be different for everyone depending on your taste. So how important is Physical Attraction for you when dating someone?

• Very Important
  • Important
  • Not much Important
    Vote C
  • Not Important At All
    Vote D

64108

Most Helpful Girl

• Important, but personality goes before for me, no point in being with someone extremely attractive if they have no personality or we have barely anything in common.

Most Helpful Guy

• In finding a spouse, physical attraction is a necessary but not sufficient condition. I absolutely must feel a physical attraction to my partner but, as you observed, attraction is a subjective phenomenon. (I was in a relationship with a woman for two years who was my "cutie" but most other people saw her as being unattractive.) However, physical attraction is not enough. There must be some common interests and respect for the person that she is.

What Girls Said 63

• Extremely important, I'd say almost crucial. If there is no attraction, there is no romantical relationship.

• I've dated "fucking ugly " to "fucking hot". Unfortunately you can be a ugly dick too. So chemistry is most important in the end.

• I find that physical attraction is extremely important for me. But here's the thing, I also need to connect with them as a personality attraction. I would say that if I find someone attractive I will approach, But if they have a bad personality their looks reflect their personality and makes them less attractive and then i am less attracted. But if a person has the "perfect" personality, their looks that I might have judged as average or not so attractive or whatever will also become attractive. But of their personality was okay, and their looks was just okay, it would probably be a no go for me..
    An example: a "friend" of mine is a model, and he is extremely handsome/beautiful etc, but he has one of the worst personalities I've ever come cross, and that makes him in my eyes extremely ugly. Then I have a guy who has this amazing personality and he is probably average looking (?), but to me he is so damn hot and handsome, but if his personality wasn't that good I would probably not date him.

• I already knew I'd be in the minority haha... but as I always say;
    "Different is beautiful, I wear it proudly."

I voted not at all! I fall in love with beautiful minds and beautiful hearts, the rest is just extras!

• What I find extremely important is go with your heart , your instincant , your gut don't go by what the person looks like because I did that and I felt something in my heart my gut my instincant saying that not right... And homeslty it not right and now since that day he and I are dating and we love each other for who we are and not because of the body..
    So first :
    Personality... See if u guys have something in common and see what not.. Be friends first.. And see what y'all like to talk about etc
    Second:
    If y'all send each other a reg pic not a nude pic.. Don't judge.. Follow your heart , gut and , instincant. ..
    Third:
    Remember it not about the body it about everything u have in common and etc
    It ok to like the body to but let thatbe last and remember who knows
    If u met someone that u think is ugly etc...
    That person could actually end up with u for an awesome reason

Just remember don't judge anyone
    Instead get to know them

• If you started as friends first then fell in love, then the physical attraction blends in with why you fell for your friend and maybe marry them later on if the relationship get more serious. Sometimes, a person becomes more attractive in our eyes physically as we fall more in love with them. Like everything about them is beautiful when to the world they look average. That is why we see married couples who has a more/less attractive spouse than their partner.

• It’s largely important for the initial attraction, the introduction. From there, and as the relationship continues and matures, it becomes less and less important.

• When was much younger always thought it was important, then had a chat to my gran who is now in her 80's, she and my grandad been together over 50 years, asked her if she still fancied him and she answered of course, she said looks fade which is true but the person remains basically the same. Think that is important but again everyones view is different and that is fine as well.

• Very important.
    I will not date someone I am not attracted to.
    Looks and personality must be great. But MY definition of great.
    What I'm attracted to, isn't what everyone else may be attracted to.

• Very important. You know. The guy can be handsome but it can happen that you won't feel physical attraction at all. I don't know how does it work but I had such situation. The guy was intelligent, nice, kind and handsome but I didn't feel anything towards him...

• Very important but not the most important

• Not much important. For me, i think my whole big family really need man with brain instead looks with much bullshits ideas of how women should serve men lol

• Not that important. It should be on the last of your list of importance if you expect to succeed and have a solid marriage.

• I know there is a quote said dont judge a book by its cover, but tbh how u can interest to read content of the book when the cover its not interesting? So yaa physical attraction is important

• It’s “important”—ishh.
    I find personality the key to how I look at you. You could be fairly okay looking and then I get to know you and I love your personality and it boosts your looks.

• First impressions are based off of looks but lasting impressions are based off of personality

• To an extent yes, I voted for important. I would def look for someone who is active and atheletic. But even if he isn't, I would def look for his dressing and the way he carries himself in occasions and how he presents himself to people.
    I would def not look for a Brad Pitt or a Hollywood material but I would def look for someone who can carry himself with confidence with what he has.

• Well I think if you find someone attractive from the inside, i. e. the mind, the heart, the soul. The physical attraction comes in place automatically.
    But when you see physical attraction first that is prejudging them, it's never going to end as you wanted. It maybe but that's just on your luck.

• Very important. Why would I or anyone want to date someone they don't find attractive? The relationship isn't going to work if you think your spouse is ugly.

• For me, it's important. Whether someone likes it or not, they will always have at least a little attraction to their romantic partner. Without it, it wouldn't be the same. I think everyone (Most people) will feel the same way xD

• I chose important. Because someone who has a good personality but not attractive to me will be just a friend. But If they have the attractiveness plus the personality, then they may be someone I’m interested in.

• Very important definitely.

• It is important but it's not the ride or die type of deal. The actually relationship you have with them should be whats first. The trust, communication, etc. Usually as that deepens, the attraction for that person deepens. you grow older together, your body changes. Are with that person because they will remain attractive till the day they die - I'm guessing not.

• It's important to have an attraction to them. I don't care how hot he is, I just need to find him cute. I say important.

• It's important. You have to be attracted to them in some way. But it's more important that you get along and have similar imterests and values. For me, I've found, if I like somebody's personality then everything else becomes attractive.

• I need to be attracted to the person I'm dating, and I think it's even more important if it'd the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Withiout physical attraction there would be less sex and that might be a dealbreaker for me.

• Obviously personality matters but realistically you wouldn't date someone you wouldn't be attracted to. Even if that person is considered ugly by society standards it doesn't matter because you find them attractive.

• Pretty important, physical attraction translates into chemistry in bed.

• Extremely

• I always say that a relationship requires the 50/50. Its 50% visuals and 50% personality. If one is missing a relationship is not possible.
    If you are only attracted to someones personality and not their looks then it is not going to work out

• More from Girls
    33

What Guys Said 107

• I think its important but I don't think you need a ten or a nine but their should be a good amount of physical attraction. That said for me I find many different types of women attractive physically, my issue is finding one that is mentally attractive to me (for me that is more important then physical attraction (not to dismiss physical attraction mind you). For me I would choose a 7 with a mental attraction of 10 over a woman with a physical attraction of a 10 and a mental attraction of 7. Though of course if I can get a ten ten then that would be preferable obviously.

• matters differently to different people of course. for some people looks are the most important for some it may be far down if not the last level of importance

for me it is important but personality, chemistry, similar values, etc are more important

• I'm not picky when it comes to what I find physically attractive but it is important that I'm physically attracted to the person who I'm dating. I couldn't date someone who I don't find physically attractive at all. But that applies to all the other things too, I couldn't date someone who I don't find attractive on some other area, no matter what they looked like.

• If you marry a nasty bitch because of her nice body & looks, 10 years later, the nice body will be gone but the bitch will be present and nasty.

• Physical attraction isn't as simple as a girl being the general idea of pretty. Physical attraction often comes for getting to know a girl, about her personality and character, and all kinds of things about her, that make her emotionally attractive, which in turn, makes her physically attractive. I've certainly found that often women are more physically attractive, once you get to know them.

• Very important but it’s about what I like not what I think other guys like.

Personality is more important but both are required.

• I am looking at a blend. There has to be some physical attraction. But I will happily trade intense physical attraction for compatibility.

• I voted "very important" but you have an inconsistency in the question: is it for a date or for a spouse?

Because in my case it goes like this:
    1. She looks hot => I ask for a date
    2. At the date:
    2a. She is also smart => girlfriend (spouse-like)
    2b. She is dumb => either fuck (rarely) or fuck off.

PS: I had many girls because I had many girlfriends (or "girlfriends" 🤔) IN THE SAME TIME, not because I went haywire fucking! 😂

• There are few times when you assert her brains before her looks. This type of forum sites can be one of them, but I suppose g@g girls would be ashamed to date g@g guys after they answered to questions about perfect gangbang size or eating cum...

I would still date a girl on g@g as I'd rather have a sincere partner than a snaky one.

Am I the only one here? 😂

• Some people are boob guys, some a butt guys. But you've got to have a nice face if we're just talking looks here.

Think about it. You can't just talk to the twins or kneel down and spark a conversation with her ass. You've got to look at it everytime you see her. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so as long as you're happy what's up there, then it should be all good.

• I agree with you, but on the other hand, enough people talk to boobs, and Terrence Hill in Go for It talks to ass ;)

• Show me a hot chick and I'll show you a guy who's tired of fucking her. When you're 50 and 60... you're not gonna care much how good a person looks if they drive you up the wall (or in the grave). This is why there are so any divorces and why so many people cheat. They pick spouses based on their dicks, vaginas and eyes. It's a dumb criteria to go on when nobody will look the same forever but pretty much everyone doesn't change much personality wise after a certain age. And you're also an incredibly basic human and shallow individual if you can't find things that are attractive about people who aren't as pretty or hot. If you actually gave them a chance you'd notice there are plenty of ways you can grow attracted and have chemistry with someone you originally didn't click with automatically. Frankly. The hottest chicks I've slept with were by far the lousiest lays. The best partners I've had were by far girls I wasn't initially into buy had enough to go on to spend time and get to know them. You're level of shallowness and superficiality is probably the exact thing that will keep you unhappy and find yourself dating someome you ultimately don't want to be with.

Don't believe me. Prove to me that it doesn't. Change my mind. Tell me why dating someone who's hot but ultimately all wrong for you is better than someone who doesn't catch your eye at first but has great chemistry with you. (I'm sure we've all fucked someone who's good looking but has a shitty personality. Think of them)

• Equally important as anything else
    Not necessarily the best looking to everyone
    But the person needs to be attractive to you on your perspective

At the very least id say
    Maybe a bit less for looks than the other if anything but only a bit less not much leas

• I don't understand how you could stay with someone long term if you don't find them attractive, I still think my wife is beautiful after 7 years of being together, a spouse should be your everything. I think you are just taking what you can get otherwise, all the people thinking you can't be attractive and have a great matching personality are fooling themselves, you can have it all, when you meet that person and they have everything that is when you know.

• Important. But I have a pretty wide variety of what I find attractive, apparently. Which is something I should maybe take advantage of more often.

I do like how honest the females are here. We're told this lie growing up that they only care about personality, humor, intelligence, kindness, etc. But that couldn't be furthest from the truth. It's sadly all about looks for our "better half".

• Important but other factors such as personality, attitude, interests, and how we mesh are just as important

• It's important to have something that attracts you to the person you want to marry.

It may seem shallow but it's part of the whole package.

But it's only part of the whole package there's so much more to a person and to a relationship than just what someone looks like.

• It is important, for almost everyone bar a few exceptions that shouldn´t even be living in this planet or shouldn´t ever have lived here to be more honest, but it is important to the degree that if you can´t even ejoy looking at someone, well it will be hard to get in the mood to do certain things, but ofc if you are good to feel a person essence energy it can be different, but i am not very profficient at it at this moment, so physical attraction has still a point.

• Ok so here is the thing. You might have a true soul mate out there but they may not look how you would expect/dream they would. Also you have to spend time with a person to learn how their personality is compatible with yours. Physical attraction and sex will only last for so long in a relationship if your personalities clash and don't get along.

• Well, if there's no physical attraction, I probably won't be dating her. 95% girls are physically attractive but, what's more important is what's at the inside. If, she's someone with whom I can say whatever I like without holding my emotions, that's more important than physical attraction

• Just imagine how the movie would have turned out if the paraplegic wasn't super hot

• It is important you want to be physically attracted to. Your spouse , but at some point you will notice that this doesn't matter because sooner or later that beauty will banish and you will see her just as beautiful because you love her.

• Very important.

• Very important. Not because it is the most important, but because a romantic relationship without physical attraction is impossible.

• Physical attraction was created by the illuminati. People who give it importance are just devil worshippers. And don't get me started on "physical chemistry".

My advice: wear a blindfold, stick your arm out, spin around, and wherever your finger ends up pointing, that'll be your spouse.

• Attraction certainly helps, but I've found that I like a person more for personality rather than looks. My first crush? Bad case of pimples and lips that were often chapped. I adore the hell out of him anyway, for always being friendly to me and being able to engage me in intellectual conversation.

• In all honesty I dont see anyone being romantically involved with someone unless attraction is there in some form. I guess this question would be ideal for arranged partnerships, sugar babies/ trophy partners and so on. My personal opinion is if any amount of romantic involvement grows. It has to have a balance and an ingredient of that has to be attraction. I understand the question refers to physical attraction which is something that I guess is important on first impressions. I have to be honest and most people should be. I would approach a nice beautiful women and avoid some butt ugly duckling chomping on deritos, sorry. Again that is in the first instance which is a shame because i do like deritos but not when I'm dating eh 😂😂😂

• At least the women voted honestly. Who wants to be embrassed being seen with a roach as a wife or husband?

Beauty matters, unless the man or woman have high status or money.

• Very important, but it won't trump a chappy personality.

Got to have the whole package.

• Let's face it. If you think you're attractive then you probably want to end up with someone attractive. However, the definition of attractiveness may vary from one person to another.

• Well you can be attracted to your so through more then just physical means and you need more than just physical means but of course you also need physical needs. You cannot live with a person daily by choice hoping that it would work out without being physically attracted to them

• Not much important 'cause if you're looking to spend the rest of life with that person you should focus on traits that will stand the test of time

• More from Guys
    77