Why do people ghost so often?

I don’t understand why you can’t simply state what the problem is and instead have to be a little b**** and just disappear and ignore someone

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's unfortunate but that is how a lot of people now a days just get rid of someone who they never were really serious about in the first place. It says more about the ghoster than the one being ghosted though. So I wouldn't let it get to you. High quality people in your life would want to be around you and respect you for who you are.

1|2
    0|0
    • Thank you for this. I appreciate it. It’s just so messed up. Just falling off the face of the earth is so ridiculous when you can just say “hey I’m not into this anymore”. It’s so immature

• It's true though, they're too cowardly to say "They're not into this anymore", and be open and honest about it. It reveals a lot about their character

• Very immature and it’s sad that a 24 year old acts like a child

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's because they just simply couldn't care less, and to them it's easier than having to deal with the girl if they are upset/hurt/continually messaging for answers etc.
    however, I do not agree and think honesty helps everyone. Feedback is vital for growth and learning and I would always rather know why they are no longer interested so I can then use that moving forward.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• It's a convenience thing. They know that if they try to confront you about the issue, they will probably make a fool of themselves, so it's more comfortable for them to simply cut contact.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people most common in my generation can't keep relationships so its easier for them to leave all together

1|1
    0|0
  • people can say "oh b/c they think it's nice" or "it's easier than rejecting someone", etc etc.

It really just comes down to the ghoster being a coward and/or lacking decency. It's really that plain and simple.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ghosters have usely been been ghosted in the past. it makes people go both extremes.. I'm clingy and im fighting for a friend not to ghost for the third time.. Last time was over half a year :-(

1|0
    0|0
  • Now I will state now that I don't believe ghosting is a good action nor do I condone it, remember that going forward.

I believe it often occurs when they know the other person caught feelings and they don't know how to turn them down. They could feel guilty that they had you catch feelings and the emotion isn't mutual so they dont know how to address it without sounding like the bad person so they bail. Cause no one likes to be the bad person (though ghosting inherently is a bad action). So they just try to fade out and ignore it. Easier for people to ignore the issue than feel like the jerk that made you catch feelings then shot you down cause its not mutual.

Now, again. I do not condone ghosting, I think its a shitty move. Humans are creatures of ego, we tend to try not to break the facade of thinking ourselves the good person in the story so we tend to ignore and dismiss the shitty stuff we do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Becouse it's easy, and you don't have to waste air on them?

0|0
    1|0
  • People are afraid of confrontation. I believe it is because social media has really disconnected us as a society.

1|1
    0|0
  • People don't like consequences, so they try to avoid them at all costs.

1|2
    0|0
  • It happens to me a lot. Sometimes people on tinder match with me and don't even say Hi back.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've never ghosted but if you're immature you tend to do childish things

1|1
    0|0
  • Because they would rather throw their problems under the rug than confront them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I hate it. people should just tell if they are not interessted in talking to someone

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they felt that the reprocussions of informing the "ghosted" of the reason would be more consequential than not saying anything at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really have to say anything since it has probably already been said

1|0
    0|0
  • why is it that girls ghost more often than men?

1|1
    0|0
  • Fuck them for get them

1|1
    0|0
  • Because thats the easy way out

1|1
    0|0
  • It just happens sometimes.

0|0
    1|0
  • I ghost people when they i see their true colors.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is very rude, to think that people make the effort to meet, invest the time and then ghost, it’s just bad manners to say the least.
    I think the way people look at it, if there is a defense for the behavior, is that “do you really need me to tell you what you already know?” Type of thing

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Because we are bored to explain the reason we don't want to talk

0|0
    1|0
  • Because they're cowards

1|1
    0|0
  • cuz people suck

1|0
    0|0