Why do people ghost so often?

I don’t understand why you can’t simply state what the problem is and instead have to be a little b**** and just disappear and ignore someone

521

Most Helpful Guy

• It's unfortunate but that is how a lot of people now a days just get rid of someone who they never were really serious about in the first place. It says more about the ghoster than the one being ghosted though. So I wouldn't let it get to you. High quality people in your life would want to be around you and respect you for who you are.

• Thank you for this. I appreciate it. It’s just so messed up. Just falling off the face of the earth is so ridiculous when you can just say “hey I’m not into this anymore”. It’s so immature

• It's true though, they're too cowardly to say "They're not into this anymore", and be open and honest about it. It reveals a lot about their character

• Very immature and it’s sad that a 24 year old acts like a child

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's because they just simply couldn't care less, and to them it's easier than having to deal with the girl if they are upset/hurt/continually messaging for answers etc.
    however, I do not agree and think honesty helps everyone. Feedback is vital for growth and learning and I would always rather know why they are no longer interested so I can then use that moving forward.