Is Online Dating a Woman's Market?

Is Online Dating a Woman's Market?Women's market implying that women have control over Online Dating.
  • Yes It Is
    Vote A
  • No. It Isn't
    Vote B
  • Isn't Dating in General a Woman's Market?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, the guys I talked to say it’s about like real life. Guys who do ok offline do ok online. Guys who struggle irl tend to struggle online too. Ditto with chicks.

Ugly women don’t get as many messages as you think - especially when you factor out men old enough to be their fathers and fetishists.

2|1
    0|0
    • IE: when women complain about quality, they mean they are getting 3 messages a day along the lines of “will u send me ur used pannties?” from a small number of dudes who set up on every platform and spam mercilessly.

• Sounds like you get a lot of used panties requests? 😰

• Oh boy... that’s just one of many strange examples! 😬

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sex is a domain where women have the control indeed, but it's only fair since they still are taking the risks : I mean, I tend to think that loosing a bit of time and energy is the worse that can happen to me if a date goes wrong. For most women, the question "what is the worst that could happen to me" while dating around is rape and murder. I'm not gonna be mad at them if they are less into the dating game then me. Hell, if I faced the same risks I would go hide in a covent or some shit !

But dating isn't only about sex. It's often about finding someone to trust, commit to... And in my experience girl are more likely to struggle to find someone willing to get serious with them.

TLDR : women do have more control on the sex, but it's only fair given the risks they are exposed to. But they struggle as much as us (if not more) when it comes to finding someone willing to get serious and commit.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think it's a market for good looking people. Online dating is quite superficial.

3|2
    0|0
  • If say yes because it seems there's more men than women looking. Therefore we have more options then men. But if say it's more of a bot market these days. I feel bad for you guys because it's mostly fake bots or women trying to get you to their paid sights.

1|3
    0|0
  • It is sad but have found that. When joined a dating site in the past have found get so many messages. No way can answer them all. My friends say it the same. It is sad as so many nice people out there but there must be so many men that us women have control.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think dating in general is a woman's market and an attractive man's market. Unless the guy is attractive and his profile paints him successful most women online don't pursue, but pick through the guys that send them messages.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating in general, is a market for people who have higher standards. If you don't have any, your future will be determined by those who do.
    I see no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently not... judging by the polls...

0|1
    0|0
  • No I think it's equal in gender

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• There are more men than women on most online dating sites, but most of those guys are not date-worthy. A guy who can simply write a nice note to a woman that shows he actually read her profile and has a reason for wanting to meet her besides sexual need can get a date.

1|1
    0|2
    • Not any more... stats published last November in the Times showed more women registered on the 3 big ones than men. It's now roughly 52% women, 46% men and 2% gender neutral...

• I would say that on something like tinder women are going to have a higher match frequency. Any advance that might is kind of irrelevant once the dating starts. There are going to be an equal number of attractive people in both gender pools, and if we only looking at hetro dating there is always a one to one dating ratio. If women felt that online dating was a woman's market then apps that give women more control (bumble) wouldn't be successful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Make a fake profile picture of a pretty woman and account and you will see how penis pictures and messages you get in your inbox.

In other words yes it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating in general is women´s market, always have been and as long as our bodies work like they work currently they will continue to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i believe online dating is seen more in Females than Males.
    I found out for myself that I always kept up my end of the online
    dating better than what the Female did.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah pretty much, mostly for girls and really well-to-do guys or guys who have a lot of game. My younger cousin who I imagine is over 250 pounds lost her virginity before I did

0|1
    0|0
  • men tend to be more active in that regard so there tend to be a greater number of men so a woman using the site would have more options to choose from available partners than a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is a great option. I've lost count of the number of dates I've been on. It's not hard, just find people with common interests and talk to them like normal.

0|1
    0|0
  • From my experience yes and sadly so does it seem like its filled with women that dont care about a good conversation and only looks for the hottest profile or someone to buy them stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Duuuh! No shit. Obviously it is. Just look at the dating app. Create some false girl profile, with average looking girl. Try the same with guy profile. Or your own.
    Dating in general, however, is much more equal. Still in fawor of women, of course, but better than online dating.
    Seriously. Literally the ONLY thing, what average (and above) girl must do, is show up or set up profile. That's all.
    Are there exeptions? Sure. For both sexes. Does it depends on more factors? Sure. This is only generalization.
    If you are really good looking guy, who knows how to dress, what to talk about, is extroverted, then it's your game as well.
    If you are guy like me, with AS, introverted, sarcastic, cynical, ironic, who doesn't know how to small talk, then don't even bother.
    Or if you are morbidly obese woman…or you know what? Never mind, there are guys into that sort of things. I don't get it, but hey…

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes