Why do girls expect boys to propose first?

Not all girls are same but this is a very common trait among women. If you love us, why don't you propose us first?

Unexpectedly there are scientific as well as religious articles claiming "Women shouldn't propose first" . Aren't we living in 21st century and willing to create gender equality?

Here are some articles I found:
Someone's Experience:
www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/9726547/Is-it-ever-OK-for-a-girl-to-propose-to-a-guy-No-apparently.html

Religious Reasons:
marriedandyoung. com/6-reasons-godly-women-propose-man/

Science:
https://amp.livescience.com/25198-who-should-propose-marriage.html

1511

Most Helpful Girl

• I myself actually born in religious and cultural family but our teachings (from religion's view), women are allowed to propose men they likes while my cultures didn't favor this and girls shall wait for men.

Personally, I had experiences of proposing men I like in past but I ended up getting friendzoned, accused of being cheap and many more insults comes to me. I stopped chasing for anyone and my love one comes proposing me instead. Not all would expect this, but its because some like me were afraid the guy we likes gonna reject us and then insults us for doing so. (and thats the challenge for us)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are smart enough to know that if a guy is really into her he will. The odds of the guy straying later are lower if he has to do some work.

Yes, you could reverse roles but in my opinion it boils down to her taking less risk which is a smart move on her part. Females get punished for being too aggressive or are expected not to be from when they are little kids. So naturally they would tend to favor getting what they want without going against that. Itโ€™s like asking why would someone trained to paint oil paintings paint oil paintings.

The setting would matter to tho. In a place where women are jumping on guys all the time she has more options.