Is it possible to show your personality through texts?

Would you judge someone you've been talking to through text on their personality?

322

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I used to but not anymore.

• why not?

• True, neither do I, they'd have to earn it by me getting to know them.

• 😂😂😂yeah, pretty much.

What Guys Said 22

• Yes and no. I can express myself in a different way than I do in person. I am still the same but how you preceive me will not be the same. I can show my personality via text but can you tell who I am? I hope so.

• Kinda.. But don't forget that a lot of manipulative people know exactly what to write and how to write it in a way too look very nice... Some people are great with the way they speak also... Some people can't write very well but when you meet them they are awesome people.

• I've been able to read some degree of personality through a text message.
    But it does seem very hard, in recent times.
    A lot of confusion surrounding some of the simple words such as "there". "their", "they're", "your", "you're" etc.

• Could be real, could be fake.

• If someone is an asshole, that can be pretty obvious by text, yes 😂
    But all the other cases, I would be very skeptical. I think there is way too much space for misinterpretation, when you can't see any gesture or facial expressions.

• I tend to be a little bit more reserved in person. Texting would probably be a better way to get my true personality.

• A lot of people think I'm serious because I text punctually and I rarely use emoji. In-person I have a weird sense of humor and I get people to enjoy it.

• I guess u have to meet in person to be sure , some people deal online with a different personality and in public with other

• I basically talk how I text

• It's hard to. It would be easier to identify over talking. No one calls anymore and they should with people they have met and think they might like.

• Text is only a fraction of someone's self expression, and thus, their personality.

• Yes, I reply with memes. That shows im childish and not funny

• yea but a lot of the time people mean different thing on text

• Words carry some stuff but not everything.

• That's a really good question... i'd say yes. Why? because the consistency and the quality of the content he's texting you says a lot. If he's talking to you about stuff that goes beyond the physical, and is actually trying to get to know you and what you're all about then i'd say the guy is definitely feeling you... especially if he's capable of holding this conversations down late at night, unlike other guys who would more often than not try to get sexual.

• Yes..

• Yes it is

• Yes you can

• Definitely possible but it's a matter of choice, if you choose to be yourself and express personality and sense of humour then the recipient should pick up on it. If you choose to be reserved and controlled then you're likely to seem more conservative and dare I say it, boring. Don't mean to taint the subject but I must say a great way of finding out more about who and how someone is, is by initiating some naughty/kinky texts or try phone sex. You'll really break some ice and get a good gauge on a person that way.. peace and love peeps x

• lol, the kinkiness might turn some off and then one'll never get to see their true personality..

• and even then responding to sexual text doesn't define someone's true personality at all, so wtf

• No I agree that being dirty via texts isn't THE way of getting to know someone but I think it breaks down barriers and builds confidence because the basic idea of it is to share fantasies and be uninhibited. Just an opinion don't shoot me for it eh haha. P&L x

• Yea its possible but its somewat genuine on text

• Yes it's possible

Wanna try it?

• Yup definitely

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, a little?

• Absolutely :) When I'm texting people, I'm usually sarcastic & come up with witty comebacks that make them laugh :) That's also my personality in real life. Also, I'm a writer and I like checking my grammar & spelling before sending off my message lol :)