How is tinder any more different or superficial than approaching people in real life? To me it’s the same?

Say you go out because you’re single and are looking. Most people dress up because we do think appearance matters, showing off our best versions to prospective mates. If you see someone, your decision to approach them is completely dependent on how they look. It’s your first take in, eye em up from head to toe, make assessment on whether to approach or not. When you see someone you don’t know anything about them other than their looks, it’s just the truth. I don’t see how this is different than tinder because tinder is the same but just in photo for at online. I see users say “can’t believe people take this seriously” or people comment you won’t find your SO on tinder... but honestly real life is just as superficial. Granted when you’re out doing things you enjoy you can find others that do similar things (but that’s what bios are for, no?) ... I just don’t get why tinder is frowned upon for meeting random people to see if you click, not sexually, but personality wise. I have known people who married someone they met on tinder. I just don’t see how tinder is different than going out in the town for a night to see what’s out there.

121

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the biggest problem with Tinder is, we can't all agree on what it's for. I personally don't think the platform was made for anything other than hook-ups (too fast paced, and location oriented). I'm all for Tinder as it was created to be used, and think it's a necessary, and helpful tool for someone who isn't looking to hop right back into a relationship. There are plenty of dating apps you can use if you're looking for a deeper connection, quit trying to ruin a good thing