How do guys feel about girls who are looking for a serious relationship with no sex involved?

I feel like it depends on a guy , but I think a typical guy will cheat if you don't have sex In a relationship ! What do guys and girls think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't talk for every guy but if the guy wants to be with you enough he'd respect your decision and stick with you, not all guys are like that though for a lot of them it would be a deal breaker. Me personally I wouldn't mind mainly because having someone to snuggle upto and watch films, go walks with, experience life with is enough sex isint a big deal to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow yo hear oh say that is really cool. I'm so impressed ! Hopefully those views don't change and you continue to have those views !

• Scratch that first sentence I totally butchered it. I wanted to say was that it was really cool to hear that you have those views

Most Helpful Girl

• If you let him know in the beginning and he stays, he probably won't cheat. Also, at your age it could go either way, teenage boys are immature sometimes and think with one head and not the other, but they may also want to wait until they/you are ready. You're right about it depending on the guy. If it's a mature and respectful person, it won't matter how long they have to wait if they value you and care about you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• You hit it spot on. I would say about 70 to 80 percent of all guys would cheat in a relationship with no sex. There are some people people who would do it, but its rare.

0|0
    0|1
    • Yeah you're totally right , but there are so many girls who feel like they have to give into this peer pressure of in order to find the one you need to bend your morals and have sex to keep him ! And then later in when they find the one , they regret rushing in to that other situation!

• Yeah. If you want a serious relationship with no sex, I recommend starting with just being friends for a while and let it go from there.

• You're exactly right !

• I wouldn't be interested. Maybe if I understood what you meant better. I'm all for waiting until she's ready, waiting until we are in love and totally committed... I'm not saying I want to have sex on the first date but if you mean to NEVER have sex, I'd not be up for that.

Is that what you meant, no sex ever or did you just mean to wait?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not saying you would never have sex. I'm just saying waiting til he puts a ring on it and you both say I do ! That's when you can then the marriage will be consummated ! I'm a Christian , so that's what I believe.

• "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

You should be marrying another Christian and not someone who doesn't share your faith or values.

• Sex is important to me as a bonding activity, nevermind that I feel it's also almost necessary for me to have a sense of well-being. I wouldn't cheat. Rather, I wouldn't be in a relationship without sex.

Not that it's the most important part of a relationship, mind you, it's just a necessary one.

0|0
    0|0
    • So if you hit it off mentally , but she's not willing to give her body up. You are willing to walk away? Do you ask before you get into a relationship?

• Show All
    • I'm sure it can happen, but I don't know how likely or common it is. I met my first girlfriend when I was 22, and we were both virgins. Until then I viewed it as something important or sacred.

Looking back now, I don't feel the same way. To me it's now an expression of intimacy. It's not one I want to share with just anyone, and not all the time, but one that's important to me.

• I respect that !

• You're half of a relationship. But You Are wholly one person with your own needs and safety issues.

Especially at your age you can definitely make that a part of or a boundary of a relationship.

If the guy is not cool with that then it's his loss.

Having said that in my particular case at my age it would be a deal-breaker in a new relationship. For you and for where you're at in life I think it's great. I support your decision! And always do what is right for you and for your safety.

0|0
    0|0
  • Set your boundaries and stick to them. You'll know which guys are in it for you, and which ones are in for your body. And even the ones that don't stick around, they'll respect you for sticking to your guns. The right guy will have no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's because you want to wait for marriage, then you need to find a deeply religious guy.
    If it's because you never want to have sex, the you have to find an asexual guy

0|0
    0|0
    • Well what if it's just because you want to go slow and you don't want to come off as moving too fast or maybe you just don't want to be screwed over

• Well then jut tell him you aren't ready for sex. If he doesn't stay, then he was just looking for sex and weren't really into you.
      You shouldn't have sex before you are ready just because you think you might lose the guy. If he leaves he was obviously an asshole.

• Great advice !

• I wouldn't see the point in being in a relationship with no sex involved

0|0
    0|1
  • Personally.. I wouldn't cheat on the girl. But I would eventually get annoyed that she wouldn't have sex with me. But I would only get annoyed if we were in a relationship for a very long time.

0|0
    0|0
    • So would you then go ahead and marry her or continue to submerge yourself in frustration and annoyance?

• Show All
    • You pretty much got what I was saying spot on..

• Ok. Well Mr. You have a lot to learn. You seem like one to judge a book by its cover so good luck to you !

• If you're in high school you can probably get away with this for a bit, but past that. It's gonna have to be you both agree you don't want sex

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes , that is what I am saying. I'm in high school right now , but I don't plan on having a boyfriend until college !

• Lmao don't plan that shit, if you like someone go for it. Trust me, there's no guarantee that Mr. Right will be at a university somewhere

• Okay. But planning isn't a bad thing. I feel like there are immature boys in high school. I mean there are immature guys everywhere , but there is a better chance in college. Obviously I'm not going to get in a relationship with the fist boy who flirts with me. I'm going to use wisdom. I just feel like the one I'm meant to be with. I haven't found him yet. But I totally get what you're saying !

• I would bother being in one with someone who wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just find the guy that is okay with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can work.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh really? So for you if you had to wait to have sex with this girl that you really liked , but she wouldn't allow you to touch her in the sexual ways you wanted to and you had to hold all those sexual feelings back for 2 maybe 3 or 4 years , could you do it?

• Well, I'm old, so its different, but, yeah, I could have waited when I was young.

• Okay ! That's interesting

• No they won't.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you feel like they won't cheat? What would keep them from being loyal? Because a good conversation and intellectual stimulation only goes so far now a days ! Are you saying you won't cheat? Have you ever been in that predicament? Or are you just defending your gender?

• Integrity has nothing to do with having sex or not. Cheating is a choice.

• A choice that many men make because they don't think with their brains, but with their pleasurable senses !

• Respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • I respect that but I couldn't do it myself

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think that is?

• Show All
    • I suffer from worrying about keeping that connection strong. Like if I'm not consistent sexually she will lose interest or look at other men

• Then don't worry about that as much because I guarantee she is thinking about keeping it up as well. That's where communicating and compromising comes in handy. Learning each other's strengths and weaknesses !

• That's fine... it will still work

0|0
    0|0
    • You really think it will still work? How so?

• Show All
    • FOR A GIRL WHO LOVES ME a lot... I THINK I'LL JUST ADOPT KIDS N GO ON WITH THINGS... I'LL ENJOY IT

• Oh okay. That's interesting

• At your age I would have accepted it. Once older and a little more experienced I simply would have zero interest in such a relationship. I’m assuming sex means sex acts. No intercourse might be different.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I value my body , not saying others don't. My virginity is sacred and should be shared with my husband only. If one cannot understand that well then that would be fine with me , but it's a decision I feel is right

• Show All
    • I don’t doubt you in particular. I would disagree with your concern about “immature” boys. This suggests that as men mature they would be more willing to be in a sexless relationship. The opposite is true. As a teen you can likely find s lot of boys who will enter into a relationship like this. By 20 it becomes much rarer.

• Wow thank you for that insight !

• I call that friendship. I have plenty of those already. I'm looking for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • So what would a relationship consists of in its entirety? In your opinion? Because to me A friendship is what you need to actually build a stronger relationship with your significant other because it's about being a companion, you know companionship being able to trust one another and that's also in a friendship so yeah a relationship with a man in the woman is a friendship altogether but sex shouldn't be able to validate that in anyway unless it's what the female and male want in there relationship.

• A connection that is intertwined with emotion and lust.

• Your definition I presume. Well to you I guess that's the case ! Sure if that's what you and your significant other want then who am I to say that it's not a true relationship

• It's not a serious relationship if you're not having sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Really ! And why not? My friend and I have a great relationship where we share everything. We don't have sex. Sex shouldn't validate a relationship ! If it does that is a problem. A serious relationship is built on the foundation of love and trust. And God if you believer in the higher power !

• If he's not busting a nut inside your sugar walls, it's not a SERIOUS relationship. sheeessshh.

What Girls Said 5

• None of the guys or girls that I know date for sexual reasons - they date cause they like the girls personality or find her intelligent or like her work ethic or her charm or her manner of dress or her demeanour or her attitude or her innocence or her looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well tell me where those guys are because the jug heads im surrounded with now are not cutting it. 😂

• I study religion at the University of Toronto and all the guys and girls I talk to are either very religious or very interested in religious ideas.

• Wow. I really like that ! That's great !

• I think it’s hard to find anyone these days to be in relationships without sex, guy or girl. I think it just depends on that individual and their belief when it comes to sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your age says 16, I believe at that age they are to immature, so highly unlikely, you’re young live your life with out that kind of drama.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I feel as though I am Mature enough to know my feelings on the matter of sex and how I want to proceed in my later years concerning the matter. I will agree to disagree , but I respect your honesty !

• Show All
    • Thank you, I hope it works out for you

• You're welcome. And thank you. Me too

• I think most people want to habe sex when in a serious relationship. But if you want that there are people who may think the same way as you

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship without sex? There’s nothing wrong with that. If a guy can’t handle that then he can f*** off. Especially young relationships.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes