Is it ok for girls to ask guys to go out instead of waiting all the time?

I'm not scared to ask a guy to go out with me, whether its just to hang out or to try for more than hanging out. Of course I still get a little nervous when asking but do guys like it when girls take the lead and ask them out somewhere?

Also, when asking a guy somewhere but finishing by saying to them "but there's no pressure" does that ruin any image of any confidence that a girl may have had when asking a guy out?

• Yes it is ok for girls to ask first
  • No it isn't, girls should wait for the guy

1751

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not bad per se, just understand that if your crush is too weak to lead, make decisions, and be the man, that he's likely awful in bed too, will cry a lot, and you'll soon grow bored to tears with him.
    If you take up a LTR with him chances are high that when you DO get bored, and you will, then you'll shut down sexually, bail, cheat, or any combination.
    This a biological imperative. And why the GUYS ask the GIRLS out. You want him to LEAD.
    And the more a girl acts like a guy the less desirable she is to a REAL MAN.
    Choose wisely, treat kindly. _Dr. Laura

• What is wrong of a woman asking a guy out then just beaue the man has to lead?

• It shows confidence in a woman and guys likes confident women I guess

• @kitty71 - Re-read what I said - I didn't say it was wrong per se, just that if the guy isn't strong enough to initiate then likely he'll be like that with everything. Why would you want that?
      I'm telling you that you don't and you'll highly likely lose respect and when that happens then he just cannot ever measure up. So you either have to take the reigns and lead or just get bored and shut down or bail. It's just not a good combination.

For some reason women are gleaning from the FI that 'strong and independent' means they should be the man in a relationship. I'm telling you that just doesn't work out so well in a normal man-woman romantic relationship - for a LOT of reasons.

And you're confusing confident with taking over and being the man. If you're not then I'm misreading what you're stating. And I don't think so - it's based on YOUR question - 'is it okay'. The short answer is 'NO', and I explained why.

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be either one. But if a woman is the one it is fine by me. What is the difference of a man asking out and a woman asking out? Just becauase of gender?

Now this is the scenario when a man and a woman are int heir mid 40´s and single both who has to do the asking? What if I contact the guy first and tell him my intentions of going out with him., Will taht be wrong? Im currently in the situation. But I know that up to the guy I will wait forever for him to even make a move to contact me, will it be ok if I contact him first?