Are women pickier or are men just too easy?

2150

Most Helpful Girl

• Standards-wise, I think that men and women are equally picky when it comes to finding an exclusive, long-term relationship partner.

When it comes to finding a strictly temporary, no-strings-attached type arrangement (i. e., either a one-night-stand or a booty call/fling), I think that women are a bit pickier than men. Or, at least, this is where the gender differences in what we're picky in are really highlighted.

When it comes to expressing interest and approaching a stranger--for whatever reason, be it platonic, romantic, or strictly sexual in intent--men are "easier" in the sense that they're more approachable and receptive to flirtation, and in the sense that they are more likely to attempt flirtation with a random stranger. Women, on the other hand, seem to have difficulty handing out a simple compliment, even to a guy that they do know.

I wouldn't say that this makes men "easier", especially if you're out to find a serious partner, but it certainly leaves women with the impression that male interest is something to be taken for granted. If a woman is dying for an ego boost, she has a lot less effort to make to get one from the opposite sex than guys do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both. Women can be picky because men are so easy. Men should stop being so easy. Stop putting women on pedestals. Constantly hitting on them, asking them, telling them how beautiful they are and things like that. It just feeds their ego. That's why a good majority of attractive women have narcissistic tendencies because they know they can get whatever they want from guys because men are so consumed in sexual desire.