What romantic gesture would you like to be in the receiving end of?

What romantic gesture would you like to be in the receiving end of?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty simple so basically anything that shows he thought about it. One that I saw that I liked was, they were talking on the phone and then she casually said "oh I haven't had chocolate eclairs in a long time". She didn't really think anything of it about 20 mins later he shows up at her door with 4 chocolate eclairs, and says to her "here you go" he dropped them off and left. Mind you they were still talking on the phone the entire time. She ended up chasing after him and they at it together in the front seat of the car.
    To me that was romantic.

1|7
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If they made me my favourite meal, gave me an ice cold beer, and them then leaving the house for at least a few hours. But it's got to come out of nowhere like Randy Orton.

1|2
    0|0
    • Reminds me of Bill Burr :D

• Pretty much a paraphrase/quote.

Just little things your partner understands about you is the most romantic gesture to me. "I reckon he'd really like this that I know he likes it"

Don't need any of this wining and dining stuff. Just knowing what your partner is all about is more than enough.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 66

• I'm easy to please. I don't need him to lay out the rose petals leading to a lavish bath or make Shakespearean attempts at equating my beauty to the stars. A simple "here's your coffee and it's how you like it" is sufficient for me.

9|12
    0|0
  • Someone said it in the comments already Iโ€™d love someone to do a romantic picnic under the stars ๐Ÿ’ซ ๐ŸŒŸ sounds amazing ๐Ÿ˜

6|10
    0|0
  • I donโ€™t like attention so nothing that is in public lol. Like maybe being proposed to in public is okay but for me, If I was a teen again I would consider these prom proposals in front of people too much

0|1
    0|0
  • I just want someone who genuinely cares about me

2|8
    0|0
  • Anything he put an effort to please me. I would like something adventurous though, something that not many guys do, something weird a bit and unusual. That I know is totally result of his imagination, something that will make me think "God, he's so crazy".

It's a bit dull answer but that's it.

2|1
    0|0
    • Like taking you to a walk in the park during a starry midsummer night and at some point tell you "here, hold this tree for me", lean you on it and make you see the other stars? ๐Ÿ˜‹

• Weird is good ;)

• Just show you care and remember things I like or don't like. E. g I hate to go to the gas station and fill up my car especially now with those freezing temperatures. If he took care of it for me that would be just great! Try something new together like a new restaurant or a cooking class etc.

1|2
    0|0
  • Simple?

In France, this coworker started crushing on me and for lunch he got me 2 different deli sandwiches and 2 different desserts because he wasn't sure which I would like more. That really stayed with me *obviously, since it happened over 10 years ago

0|1
    0|0
  • First thing that comes to mind is I love going on walks with my dog. If a guys ask what I want to do with him, Iโ€™ll say going on a walk would he really fun! And I often get the response oh let me take you to dinner or no letโ€™s do this *insert other idea* and id really appreciate a guy who wanted to do what I would want to do.

0|3
    0|0
  • i am not normally a really vulnerable person, but if i let myself be with the right person, i'm super sappy. i like rain, think it's really romantic for some reason. once had a romantic moment in the rain and was LITERALLY given an actual yellow oversized rain coat to wear (cliches) when he and i had officially became a "thing". but i still love the rain. even non-romantically. So flowers in the rain, or simply running through the rain while holding hands to get somewhere, or a hug or kiss in the rain, or just looking into each other's eyes in the rain. the site, feel smell, i dunno

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't know what it is about rain, but it's really romantic..

• yeah. just like (spoiler alert) breakfast at tiffany's. that was really romantic

• I'd like the person I love to tell me that they will never leave me and mean it, and id love him to come to the countryside with me and put wild flowers in my hair haha, to turn off his phone to just be with me

0|5
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 49

• The best romantic gesture that they could do for me would be for them to just come up and hug me and then look in my eyes and just say I love you. While the hug would last for the next 10ish seconds those would be the best moments of my life.

2|1
    0|0
  • Does your partner read books, if so a hot bath after a hard day with a good book is lovely.
    Or make a special effort for an evening meal.
    Anything which gives good couple time. Doesn't need to end in physical intimacy.

0|1
    0|0
  • tbh being too romantic can sometimes turn into cringe, the most you can do is what this guy is doing, don't write her a poem while you are having dinner with 150 candles circling you and a music group is brought to that place just foe that.. eh at least i wouldn't do it

0|1
    0|0
  • Honesty, support, and knowing how to keep me away from a down moment, but really, a lot can be said about hugs with someone you enjoy being with.

2|1
    0|0
  • A home cooked dinner, my favorite bourbon, and box of cigars - to be enjoyed after I properly say thank you for the delicious meal =)

0|1
    0|0
  • A sloppy af bj. Like face-covered in saliva sloppy. Short of that, a genuine "I love you" is sufficient... followed by a sloppy af bj.

1|3
    1|1
  • For them to share the same feelings towards me as I do them

2|1
    0|0
  • I am not sure guys are supposed to be on the receiving end of romantic gestures...

0|1
    1|0
  • Is that Rick Grimes from the walking dead TV series in the picture?

0|1
    0|0
  • physical affection always makes me feel good. hugs, kisses, holding hands. vocalizing how they feel on occasion.

2|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes