He wants to get coffee for a third date? What does this mean? Is this unusual?

Our other dates were to get drinks and go to the movies

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that this coffee date can be a good thing. This guys wants to do the right thing and actually want to try and get to know you. Hear me out here. Getting drinks together and having some fun is awesome and everything, but that's kind of, in a sense, a "fake relationship" because liquid courage isn't real courage. The real relationship building comes from developing communications with two people, and I think that's why he would want to get coffee, to see if you two can vibe off of each other's energy and personalities. You can't really develop anything if there's no solid communication building.

Story time: I had an ex, and we would always drink, smoke, and watch whatever was available on TV or DVD (No Netflix and Chill back in the days, lol), and it was cool. But when it came to being sober and trying to talk, we found out that it was a bit harder to connect with one another because we didn't have anything to base off of within our relationship. Nothing was "Real" and we had different views in life in the sober world. Now that I think about it, I should have develop that communication before doing all that pre-Netflix and Chill stuff. =)

So, it's not unusual to get coffee on a third date. I think it's fantastic. It'll at leave give you a meter to gauge if you two can connect with one another and if you really want to continue on with your relationship. You can see if he's a talker or a listener or both along with how you interact with him.

Today's society and technology, in a sense, dumbs us down in our communication skills. Most of the talking is either done through text, DM's, messenger apps, e-mail, or whatever electronic and rarely in person. Plus, if you noticed, a lot of the answers you get will mostly be one or two sentences long and doesn't really have an impact. Why not go out there and have conversations that are deep and meaningful. You might discover something about yourself. Real human contact (face to face) is needed for growth as it challenges us to think on our feet. I think this is the fun part, because I'm always game when it comes to challenging my growth.

IF you have read this far, I applaud you. As people don't care to read to the bottom these days. But I'll let you know. Have a fantastic time in connecting with your date. Actually go out there to get to know one another. See if you have the same views or not on different subjects. Have fun, play around, be yourself. I love introduction dates.

1|1
    0|0
    • One more thing:
      Just know that, if you guys aren't vibing on the same wavelength, then that's OK. You know what you needed to know to proceed to the next step. As knowing how to communicate and connect is a skill on its own (a lot of people don't fully develop this skill), and if the skill is fully developed, dude, it's super fun to mess around with. Why? Because you can be your "true" self with a zest of confidence in yourself and people will enjoy the smiles from your interactions. I hope my perspective can shine a light to your question. Kinda long answer, but I like to get my point through as best as I can. Everything else is what you CHOOSE to do with it. I'm hoping that you two have a super awesome time connecting on your coffee date. Who know's, maybe it'll lead to more, ;) I dunno, maybe a puppy? Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he wants to know you sober! Totally good sign!

If he didn't want to date you he wouldn't have asked you for date 3. If someone has to deink every time its because he doesn't really like you, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • You got all that from coffee?

• @ImTheFMan yup. Bc he asked her out period. For a third time.. If he didn't like her he wouldn't have asked her out or wanted to spend time w her AGAIN. I like drinks on dates but feel like if he MUST have a drink he is either an alcoholic or he is typically just interested in "fun" and that is usually a sign he does want to settle down.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• He's nervous about moving any further.
    Ask him, " do you really want to get coffee? Or are you thinking about doing something else?"

Then again, he might just enjoy your company. I've gone on dates with girls that are just very nice to conversate with and talk. But if you feel, he wants you. And if you want him, ask him if he's ready to step it up.

Love doesn't occur with silence

0|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think too much into it. There's a number of reasons why he could want to get coffee. The fact is, he does actually want to see you and that's a good sign so I'd just go with it. He may have plans to surprise you after coffee

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he would like to talk. No way to know what about.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did that when I felt pressed to spend. So I looked for a more price-neutral opportunity to follow the actual goal: get to know her better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe "he" feels it's time be"serious" & lay down some rules, ask where the relationship is going?
    OR, it could be the last date.., all kind of things can figure into it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he's a pussy who doesn't know how to move things forward with a girl and is trying to friendzone himself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn dude you're lame if you think friend zone is a thing lol

• @SidKnee nope, lame is taking a girl on some dates and acting as a friend cause you're scared to show the girl you like her. I'd be pissed off as the girl cause he's wasted her time.

• That's assuming things bro we don't know who this guy is tho

• Your fine it's just he probably doesn't have enough time to spend with you at night so he wants to take you out for coffee to get to know you better

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds weird to me, but at least he is wanting a third date. Maybe he is looking for an honest and sober discussion.

0|0
    0|0
  • If coffee ends well, you should ask him out on a date to wherever you want to spend and pay for.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's maybe diabetec.
    Too much drinking..

0|0
    1|0
  • No it isn’t

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you look for meaning in the morning clouds too?

1|1
    0|0
  • He's thirsty

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d say he feels like a coffee

0|1
    0|0
  • Why are you worried about this?

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he is getting more intrested in you

0|0
    0|0
  • Take to eat that would be better

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Shit man I think he's trying to rape U at this point, U should call 911 right friggin now

0|5
    0|0
  • i think wanting to be sober & not hiding in a theater, is a step up.

0|0
    0|0
  • He seems like he would want to talk to you and get to know you better :)

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably wants to switch it up?

0|0
    0|1
  • Is it during the day?

0|0
    0|0
  • Mean he want to get to know you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably just switching it up.