He wants to get coffee for a third date? What does this mean? Is this unusual?

Our other dates were to get drinks and go to the movies

818

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that this coffee date can be a good thing. This guys wants to do the right thing and actually want to try and get to know you. Hear me out here. Getting drinks together and having some fun is awesome and everything, but that's kind of, in a sense, a "fake relationship" because liquid courage isn't real courage. The real relationship building comes from developing communications with two people, and I think that's why he would want to get coffee, to see if you two can vibe off of each other's energy and personalities. You can't really develop anything if there's no solid communication building.

Story time: I had an ex, and we would always drink, smoke, and watch whatever was available on TV or DVD (No Netflix and Chill back in the days, lol), and it was cool. But when it came to being sober and trying to talk, we found out that it was a bit harder to connect with one another because we didn't have anything to base off of within our relationship. Nothing was "Real" and we had different views in life in the sober world. Now that I think about it, I should have develop that communication before doing all that pre-Netflix and Chill stuff. =)

So, it's not unusual to get coffee on a third date. I think it's fantastic. It'll at leave give you a meter to gauge if you two can connect with one another and if you really want to continue on with your relationship. You can see if he's a talker or a listener or both along with how you interact with him.

Today's society and technology, in a sense, dumbs us down in our communication skills. Most of the talking is either done through text, DM's, messenger apps, e-mail, or whatever electronic and rarely in person. Plus, if you noticed, a lot of the answers you get will mostly be one or two sentences long and doesn't really have an impact. Why not go out there and have conversations that are deep and meaningful. You might discover something about yourself. Real human contact (face to face) is needed for growth as it challenges us to think on our feet. I think this is the fun part, because I'm always game when it comes to challenging my growth.

IF you have read this far, I applaud you. As people don't care to read to the bottom these days. But I'll let you know. Have a fantastic time in connecting with your date. Actually go out there to get to know one another. See if you have the same views or not on different subjects. Have fun, play around, be yourself. I love introduction dates.

• One more thing:
      Just know that, if you guys aren't vibing on the same wavelength, then that's OK. You know what you needed to know to proceed to the next step. As knowing how to communicate and connect is a skill on its own (a lot of people don't fully develop this skill), and if the skill is fully developed, dude, it's super fun to mess around with. Why? Because you can be your "true" self with a zest of confidence in yourself and people will enjoy the smiles from your interactions. I hope my perspective can shine a light to your question. Kinda long answer, but I like to get my point through as best as I can. Everything else is what you CHOOSE to do with it. I'm hoping that you two have a super awesome time connecting on your coffee date. Who know's, maybe it'll lead to more, ;) I dunno, maybe a puppy? Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he wants to know you sober! Totally good sign!

If he didn't want to date you he wouldn't have asked you for date 3. If someone has to deink every time its because he doesn't really like you, in my opinion.

• You got all that from coffee?

• @ImTheFMan yup. Bc he asked her out period. For a third time.. If he didn't like her he wouldn't have asked her out or wanted to spend time w her AGAIN. I like drinks on dates but feel like if he MUST have a drink he is either an alcoholic or he is typically just interested in "fun" and that is usually a sign he does want to settle down.