What are your thoughts when you are pursued by someone who is totally out of your league?

Why would a man who is pursued by models and 10/10 girls ditch them and pursue an average girl instead?

2886

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, maybe average is beautiful to him.

Like a magician mentioned that he got his start as a teenager performing magic at a strip club or burlesque/topless show. So, boobs and butts don't really phase him now because he was so used to seeing naked or partially naked women being around him. He's a one woman at a time type guy. They just don't have that draw.

I knew a guy who was great with women. They rarely phased him because he grew up around a lot of Las Vegas showgirls. Again, a naked, beautiful woman... it's not like "so what?" But... "eh, I've seen it before... now what do you have going on in that mind?" THAT is what made him interested. He was great with women because he wasn't obsessed with seeing them naked or getting them into bed right away. And some he knew that were gorgeous were not really all that great conversationally, or they were messed up... and so it was more personality. And he was surrounded by beautiful women, so he got really good at flirting because it wasn't the same as most guys.

Maybe he just thinks this girl that you might think is average is actually gorgeous. Maybe they have a lot in common. Maybe he's got ugly duck syndrome, where he thought he couldn't get gorgeous women, so he likes to go for someone who he thinks is more his type or speed. Maybe he's dated gorgeous models in the past, and swore them off because some cheated, or were too high maintenance, or had huge issues, so he got tired of it. I don't know... there are a lot of different reasons why any guy might be interested in a woman many would consider average.

Me, I'd probably go for gorgeous if they seemed to be interested, and interesting... but average girls or girls that were a little quirky might peak my interest more than someone who's a 10 out of 10. I grew up with a lot of those "model" types being cruel. Many secretly on drugs, or huge alcoholics... many now being barely able to construct a decent sentence because the drugs caught up to them. They could hide it pretty well in high school, but it often pickled their brains in college or soon after. I've learned to be cautious around the ones most guys consider gorgeous. I try not to judge right away, try to get to know them. But there is a little bit of that... suspicion or cautiousness around women who are really popular with all the guys, because I've met so many who just were nasty people underneath.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s better to get a yes from a 5 then a no from a 10.

Was going to use celebrities instead of numbers but people’s opinions vary.

Mostly I think it’s out of fear of being rejected or strung along, or the reacher in the relationship, so they think it’s better to date a less attractive woman where they’ll be the settler, and more secure in the relationship.

• It's opposite with us. He is chased by 10/10 girls.
      I don't like him in that way though.

• Us? Can I have some context please?

• Me and him.
      It's not like he is afraid of getting no from 10/10 girls, because he is very desired by them.
      However he knows he's not my type.