How is everyone feeling about Valentines day coming up, utter dread because you are single or happy and loved up?

Just intrigued what people think about this day.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 27

• I'm indifferent about it since I got used to it a long time ago. There's nothing to dread about at all for me. Because there's nobody I have to worry about that I would disappoint if I didn't meet their expectations, or just because I didn't buy them any gifts, and other valentine themed related goods and merchandise or go to some expensive dinner date with or whatever it might be that they expect me to do. I just see it as since I have no one then I have no one to lose, no one to disappoint and let down, I'm just free to decide on what I want to do. For some people, it could really suck if they broke up on a day like this. But I mean, hey, it does happen. Absolutely NO relationship is ever guaranteed to last forever either way, and once I recognized and realized this, I felt free-er than ever. Because I realize it really don't matter at all then, it's entirely just in our heads. A long time when I was much younger prior to becoming disillusioned and no longer deluded, I used to remember how I felt very jealous and envious of other couples, etc., Now I look back and have a good laugh about how pathetic and stupid I was and think, and I'm glad I became disillusioned and no longer deluded with it all, recognizing nothing's special or unique about dating, relationships, etc. Nowadays when I see couples I always feel and think, well good luck to them, I'm glad I'm on my own and won't have to deal with anybody else, never have to worrying about the drama and fighting in a relationship, especially not the drama that comes from a day like this one, and that I hope it would all work out and that it would last, because if it didn't, they'd be much worse than when they had stayed single. :-D

• Yay a daily reminder that I'll die alone because I couldn't fall in love with any other girl except the one I fell in love first, but then she rejected me because she had a boyfriend but still wanted to be a friend, but then I rejected the friendzone, and then she wanted to be in touch with me because she really likes me, but can't get herself to dump her boyfriend because they've been in a relationship for like 2 years, then I get pissed off and cut all ties with her, and THEN they break up, but I didn't even know and I never even spoke to her, and then when we got in thouch again she was with him again, so I was like "for fuck sake", then we started to be friends again, then we kind of started to, you know, but I delt bad because she still had a boyfriend, but she also liked me, we're just so compatable, but then it clicked to me; her boyfriend is an asshole, and I'm a very nice guy (her words, not mine, don't want to sound arrogant) so she wants to be around me because I give her the attention he doesn't, so I'm like "fuck this", I kind of get over it and don't really stress about it, but then I find out jews run the fucking world and are trying to destabilize all soveregin nations by killing off white peolle through immigration and demographic crises, and that the only real solution is either to have a lots of kids to evade the exctinction of my peole or an all out war in which I'll probably die, and since she is the only girl I want to be with, like, ever, I remember that I'll die alone and childless, probably killed on a battlefield of a losing war. And oh, the people around me that are actually happy on valentines day are like both salt and medicine on my wound. Because It's nice to see that people love eachother, but I would aslo really like to be the one recieving and giving love. Hope that answers your question.

• annual reminder

• Thanks for that

• I didn't mean to offend, truly.

• Its commercial and stupid.
    You should show love all year round.
    Don't waste money.
    Plan a date on a cheaper night of the year when there will be fewer people and the quiet table for 2 Inthe back corner won't come at a premium.

• I never really had any special feelings for this day. It varies from person to person. Being single has its own fun

• No care

I never attached meaning to individual days when married. I saw all as the same and lavished attention and love liberally

Not that i am single, I will treat it as I do every other day

• I would say I do not really care and see it as another commercialized day. But I am planning to buy flowers before that day for my friends.

But on the other hand, when I had a girlfriend I did ask her to clear up Valentine's day evening, so I can make nice surprise for her.

• Don't care because I'm single and will be working the night shift in a place the outside world doesn't see.

• I have applied for nightshift. Mainly for financial reasons but also nobody to miss me ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I too work nightshift. Mainly because Because I prefer nights over days. Also I have better seniority too.

• Yeah it sucks being single on Valentines Day, plus my 50 Th birthday is the 9Th of February and i have no girl to spend it with so yes it sucks.

• I do the same thing every year i smoke and go to the beach to be alone cuase in the reality of it all i am and knowing that i am alone even with all my friends and family this years will be the hardest cause everyone took shots at me how im not food enough how i am a waste how no one will ever love me yeah friends and family yet unloved and alone so yup like i said burn and wait for the sun to come up cause even though i know i am alone the sun will always sun in the morning

• Nothing wrong. Being blackmailed by society to participate in consumer frenzy. Speak some things that get you into a mental asylum on any other day. Do some things that you hate for the sake of peace. It is not that I don't love my queen. But.

• I hate Valentine's Day. It's just stupid. 365 days to be happy and lovey-dovey, there's no reason for there to be holiday about it. Makes me sick. About the only thing I like is Discount Chocolate Day the day after.

• Just another day of the year. Completely meaningless to me.

• Never cared for it although sometimes I buy chocolates for family and they buy some for me

• Want to get a girlfriend by it asap lol. It's the most romantic occasion so we can express our feeling together

• I hate Valentine's Day I always have Christmas too me and an ex used to call it anti Valentine's Day getting each other nothing anything and one of those who kick a really shity meal and watch a crappy movie

• Single by choice just dumped my ex.. I hate Valentineโ€™s Day itโ€™s such a made up pointless holiday

• Utter dread because I'm single and also because I work at a flower shop

• Indifferent.

• I don't recognize it as a Holiday.

• I never take notice of Valentine's day to be honest haha

• Udder dread like every year

• I haven't had a Valentine in years!! It always dread

• girlfriend loves this holiday more than her bday. Special occasion is a coming!

• I'm not selling flowers or heart formed chocolate, so... Day like every other.

• Shit becuase first time I have been single for it in years -. -

• Aww yeah that sucks. I am the same in that situation

• Yeah, trying to get myself back out there but to be honest when I just don't know how to start a conversation when speaking to a new girl -. - kind of lost a lot of confidence

• I think just always be yourself is one of the best things. If it is meant to be it will be.

• I'm having butterflies in my stomach

• You are pretty let's find guy

• Come again? ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha what is your username

• Itsdone

What Girls Said 10

• Valentine's day is about friends, not about love, here in Finland. Which is kinda sad for me, because I have a boyfriend, but no friends. ๐Ÿ˜‘

• Nonchalance. Just another Hallmark holiday.

• Kind of dreading it especially because the seniors at my high run a fundraiser on the day by selling roses and what not. What I find cringy is seeing the 12-13 yr old guys give roses and gifts to their "gf" then saying I love you lol.
    But this year is be the first time I have someone for the day

• I will always be happy and blessed on Valentine's day even I am single, because is my birthday!๐Ÿ˜†

• I'm single, but I'm very impatient for Valentine's day. I'm eyeing that themed candy at CVS and Kroger. Every year I wait for it to go on sale.

• i plan on laughing at my friends with empty wallets the day after valentines day

I will spend it with my cat...'tis a sad life

• That means final exams are close... dreadful thought indeed.

• I'm not dreading it but it does make me sad I'm single

• Valentine's Day will be a lonely miserable drag. I have no love.

• Itโ€™s just a day. Iโ€™d rather celebrate Halloween.