Would you go out with someone again if they cried on your first date?

Sad movies, unexpected car accidents, you bringing up their mother whom you didn't realize had just died, aside, if your date was crying on your very first date, would you be inclined to see him or her again or would you be thinking, "this" is too much for me.

• Yes
  • No

1519

Most Helpful Guy

• Aw I'd feel bad. But if I liked her, and the reason seems legit and its not some weird emotional freakout over nothing, like if im assured she's emotionally stable, then yeah sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Context is everything here.
    Crying over something can be just as much of a sign of an underlying psychological issue as NOT crying over something. It really depends on that something.

For example, if they had just received some devastating news, were in the process of sharing some heart-wrenching story with me, or we'd just witnessed the death of a cute puppy, crying would be totally acceptable. In fact, it might be more of a cause for concern if their affect was totally flat in that scenario.

If they just burst out sobbing for no apparent reason or for a reason that would not warrant such an emotional response in a healthy individual, I would be concerned. Inappropriate affect is a symptom of lots of mental disorders, some of which I would be understanding and tolerant of, but others (e. g., histrionic personality disorder), I would not be able deal with.

Needless to say, if they were putting on crocodile tears, for whatever reason, that would make me disinclined to see them again.