Would you ever be in an open relationship?

Have you ever been in one and if so, what was the experience like?

1549

Most Helpful Guy

• No never an open relationship is crazy you should always be with only one person & that’s the one you love

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I was in an open relationship. It seems difficult to handle sometimes because you have to keep in mind your jealousy and your partner's feelings. I think it would require respect and trust between you and your partner and enough maturity to make it work. The relationship can be very beneficial but poisonous if you don't keep your people and emotions in check. I was allowed to date other guys and other girls for a while, but then my guy's jealousy kept firing up so I chose to stop dating other people and now only keep to my boyfriend. It was fun, and we'll do it again later, but for the moment we are just focusing on each other.

What Guys Said 48

• Open as in we both sleep with other people, no. Open as in we occasionally include a third party? I'll never be the one to bring it up, I don't want her thinking she's not enough, but if she brought it up I'd be on board

• Would gender matter? If she wanted another girl in your bed? Another guy? If you brought in a second female, how "hands on" would you expect your wife to be with her? If it was another guy, how physical would you allow yourself to get with him? Perhaps instead of inviting an individual into the bedroom, a couple would suit you better? Just curious.

• Nope I would never do cause I know I would get jealous which is natural and people should get jealous.. LMAO..

• Never

• Nah, that's just more potential emotional baggage I have to deal with and even more unnecessarily complicated issues as well.

• I like the kind of girl that would be very possessive of me and wouldn't share me with anyone. I wouldn't be happy if the girl didn't care if I was with other people.

• Nope

• No way. I'm only interested in exclusive, respectful relationships.

• I have. It's much harder to maintain. Best advice, if you want to play outside the relationship, end it.

• Hell no. It's either a relationship or it's friends with benefits and no commitment. One or the other.

• Hell no!!!

• Not now. Better to find the one

• I could feel I wasn't ready to commit 100% to this person, so I said that. We were "uncommitted" for a while. Then I guess she moved on. I miss her. For me, I tend to get too attached, even if that wasn't the plan.

• No. I think they're horseshit 95% of the time.

• No. I have been in one and the girl decided not to tell me that. I did commit and she said that she feels better alone and so we broke up.

If I commit I commit no bs playing around.

• No never been in a open relationship and never plan to be in one.

• Nooo

• maybe but not with someone i really loved

• Not my style

• Yeah maybe.

• Don't think so

• I do not think so

• No. If they even suggest it I will know that they aren't the one for me.

• no, never

• Yes ever since my divorce I don't see any other type of relationship in my eyes I like that but I would also let them being it as well that's just a one-sided thing as some more

• No. I don;t want a open relationship kind of woman.

• U too cute to be in one yes am old

• THAT is a tricky one! Hahaha
    I guess you could say when I lived in Tijuana I was in an open relationship (s).., long story!

• I don't think i could

• Yeah less bs

• No way Jose !

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 14

• No. If I wanted to hook up with a bunch of people, I'd stay single. And of course, my main/preferred person would be on call. I don't see the point in even calling it a relationship. Then again, I've noticed that different people have different ideals for their romantic connections.

• Never been, and wouldn't do it

• . No.

• I’ve never been with in one.

• I won't, I mean, thats not how things work here. The moment you do that you are branded a slut without you even knowing it. So, pass!

• In one now and it's really fun

• Can you have sex with any other guy or just another one?

• Well for me I just sleep with other women and I'll sext guys. It really depends what you guys want to do. We made a list of rules for it. One of ours is we can't go have sex with someone w/o discussing it first. Another one is if we're mad at each other we can't go do something else with someone until we talk and fix whatever problem we have

• You are bi sexual? And does he sleep with women or guys?

• Yes if they agreed to wear protection and regular sexual health checks.

• someone always develops strong feelings over the other. and there's always that fear that they'll change their mind and decide to go into a closed relationship and leave you

• I'm currently in one and so far its fine

• No its heart breaking, I don't believe in sharing thank you, or online dating too... thank you but no thanks - I have my life stress and troubles enough as it is. 🍁

• Probably not.

• No i haven't and I never will. If I'm in a relationship, I'm not going to share my partner or date other people.

• Probably not
    I won't allow my partner to sleep with other females, but I don't think I'd be open to sleeping with others while i'm in a relationship

• sophie