Views on dating a much older woman?

I started talking got this woman 10 years older recently I'm 21 she's 31 will it work?

1216

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what you're both looking for. A serious relationship , casual fun or just a hookup. You'd both need to want the same thing though.

I'm 28, and I'd never consider dating a guy age 21. We'd be at different stages in our lives , so we'd gradually grow apart over time.

10 years isn't a huge age gap , and the age gap closes with time , but at age 21 you still have a lot more personal growth to develop. When you reach age 31, you'll have changed so much. Your wants, needs , desires and priorities in life will change. So will your outlook and mindset.

But you'll only know if it'll work out if you try to make it work. There's no guarantees in any relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• In my mid-20s I dated a woman in her early 60s. She liked me and so I went out on the first date more to be just polite. It turned out to be a really great experience. She was fun and cultured and when I was at an age when I was just getting to know the world, it was like a whirlwind.

The sex was also amazing. She was uninhibited in a way that I had not found in a woman before. In fact, I think I got to be quite the bother as I was always wanting to have sex with her. (We eventually had a - ahem - little discussion and I learned to behave myself and read the signals.)

Ultimately we broke up. We both knew that, given the age difference, the relationship had nowhere to go. I also think that, after a while, she found me a little too immature and also I think that my youth was something of an issue with her friends.

However, if my experience is any indication, I would recommend it to other young people - assuming that an older person is attracted to you. I learned a lot and although it has been eons since we have seen each other I still think of her with nothing but good memories.