Views on dating a much older woman?

I started talking got this woman 10 years older recently I'm 21 she's 31 will it work?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what you're both looking for. A serious relationship , casual fun or just a hookup. You'd both need to want the same thing though.

I'm 28, and I'd never consider dating a guy age 21. We'd be at different stages in our lives , so we'd gradually grow apart over time.

10 years isn't a huge age gap , and the age gap closes with time , but at age 21 you still have a lot more personal growth to develop. When you reach age 31, you'll have changed so much. Your wants, needs , desires and priorities in life will change. So will your outlook and mindset.

But you'll only know if it'll work out if you try to make it work. There's no guarantees in any relationship

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In my mid-20s I dated a woman in her early 60s. She liked me and so I went out on the first date more to be just polite. It turned out to be a really great experience. She was fun and cultured and when I was at an age when I was just getting to know the world, it was like a whirlwind.

The sex was also amazing. She was uninhibited in a way that I had not found in a woman before. In fact, I think I got to be quite the bother as I was always wanting to have sex with her. (We eventually had a - ahem - little discussion and I learned to behave myself and read the signals.)

Ultimately we broke up. We both knew that, given the age difference, the relationship had nowhere to go. I also think that, after a while, she found me a little too immature and also I think that my youth was something of an issue with her friends.

However, if my experience is any indication, I would recommend it to other young people - assuming that an older person is attracted to you. I learned a lot and although it has been eons since we have seen each other I still think of her with nothing but good memories.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I am 31 and I can picture myself with a 21 year old guy, as long as he has a high level of maturity. That, combined with all the stuff I value in a man, would be enough. Now, a 31 yo women will be probably looking for a long term relationship. Find out if that's the case and if you're up for it.

0|2
    0|0
  • If you both have a similar maturity, it may work. I know a couple exactly like this one, they went to live together, had a baby, etc. But I think it all depends on how compatible you are in terms of maturity and interests.

1|1
    0|0
  • Whatever turns you both I guess. It's about how well you get a long and if you have things in common too. But it's a personal thing you both have to establish amoung yourselves. It's like any relationship, you have to work at it, you'll have your moments here and there but as long as you both are ok with each other then there should not be any problems... age is just a number and this is the world we live in so anything is possible. All the best to you both. Hugs x

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the couple. Any relationship can work it just depends on the people in it. But yes it definitely can. I'm in a relationship with a 33 year old and I'm 18 and our biggest trials we have had have nothing to do with our age difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on what you are both looking for. If you’re into her and she’s into you, then why not try it out. Everybody’s relationships are different.

0|1
    0|0
  • Communication and similar likes.
    Best of luck and age shouldn’t matter hun.

1|1
    0|0
  • It won’t work out. Just have fun while it lasts.

2|2
    1|0
    • How do you know it won't work for them two together?

• Show All
    • I was 18 and she was 46

• @Djaay I didn’t say every relationship won’t last but most do not. Rarities do occur.

• It can work if both of you are on the same page.

0|1
    0|0
  • My friend is 45 years old and her husband is 30. Anything is possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm all for guys dating older women.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom was 11 years older then my dad. Needless to say they had two kids and then got divorced after a few years. But they were really in love

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Why not? People in my family are in relationships with bigger gaps and insanely happy with kids and everything you could ever want out of a relationship. Age truly is just a number, it's not just a stupid saying.

0|1
    0|0
  • I saw someone on television once who was dating a 90 year old and he was 35 and guess what? They both wanted a kid together! The lunacy in this couple is just crippling but it all depends, nobody can really say how it'll truly go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yah, since she is MUCH more experienced and decided to turn her sights on you, yes, it will work. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh, and always use protection, man. She is now in the age of wanting babies very urgently.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on your maturity levels. I say just go with the flow. If it works out, great. If not, oh well.

0|1
    0|0
  • It'll work as well as dating any other woman. So long as you accept each other, should be all good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, if you love each other,, age is just a number, you are mature enough to decide

0|1
    0|0
  • My only concern would be it being an equal partner ship.

0|0
    0|0
  • In bed, yes. On a conversation front. Probably not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, dude. Should be fine

1|1
    0|0
  • GET IT IN THERE BUDDY !!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|1
    0|0
  • Stop caring about stupid shit like this

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it's okay bro

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as you're prepared to have children soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you are on similar maturity levels it’s not a big deal. Only other thing is that in ltr eventually when she wants kids you may bot be ready for that. Or she might have zero interest when you do want that. Harder to be in sync.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes