How many guys think that their looks are important to a girl? Why?

031

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are important. Maybe not the body to some people, but the facial attraction is important for both sexes. If a man or woman has f'd up teeth, crazy scarring, disproportionate features, etc. that can be off-putting to anyone. I also think overweight and obese people, in general, have trouble finding partners for sex and relationships. Some have high standards or at least expect a partner with a healthy weight when they themselves are not. In the end, we have to either work hard to improve or learn to settle (or not be so shallow).

• I think so. I agree

• I am still coming to terms with this. My current girlfriend does not have my ideal look, but then, I do not look ideal either. How can I expect a fit girlfriend when I am not fit myself? I think it is more important to be accepting of people than to judge others. We end up putting so much pressure on ourselves, others, and in turn, society reflects this. This is why body shaming is so common. Granted, I am attracted to youthful features in a woman, and I believe most guys are, but my girlfriend is older than me and overweight. Sometimes I catch myself thinking that maybe I could do better, and then I feel guilty. Trying to reframe my thinking is a challenge, but it is worth it. Why? Because I am attracted to my girlfriend, but on a much deeper level, which in turn makes me physical attracted to.

No one deserves a beautiful (or handsome) partner. Believing so will leave many of us lonely with a sense of entitlement.

• So with that said, if we get lucky and find a mate/partner who has all the features we want, whether that be physical looks, personality, compatibility, chemistry, and so on, then we are damn lucky because no one is going to fit perfectly into our ideal, and for most of us, we are never going to fit into that sort of ideal ourselves. It just leads to a life of discontent, always looking to improve, rather than accepting ourselves and others as they are. We are perfect in our imperfections and it is freeing once we embrace it.

Just look at the Pickup Artists out there. They teach guys to only go for the hottest of the hot because they supposedly attract what they think they deserve. I don't 100% agree with that. There are so many factors, and looks, and getting laid aren't the only ones when it comes to long-term happiness. This is why so many men remain unhappy, even when they get game.

Being shallow leads to a shallow life.