How many guys think that their looks are important to a girl? Why?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks are important. Maybe not the body to some people, but the facial attraction is important for both sexes. If a man or woman has f'd up teeth, crazy scarring, disproportionate features, etc. that can be off-putting to anyone. I also think overweight and obese people, in general, have trouble finding partners for sex and relationships. Some have high standards or at least expect a partner with a healthy weight when they themselves are not. In the end, we have to either work hard to improve or learn to settle (or not be so shallow).

0|0
    0|0
    • I think so. I agree

• I am still coming to terms with this. My current girlfriend does not have my ideal look, but then, I do not look ideal either. How can I expect a fit girlfriend when I am not fit myself? I think it is more important to be accepting of people than to judge others. We end up putting so much pressure on ourselves, others, and in turn, society reflects this. This is why body shaming is so common. Granted, I am attracted to youthful features in a woman, and I believe most guys are, but my girlfriend is older than me and overweight. Sometimes I catch myself thinking that maybe I could do better, and then I feel guilty. Trying to reframe my thinking is a challenge, but it is worth it. Why? Because I am attracted to my girlfriend, but on a much deeper level, which in turn makes me physical attracted to.

No one deserves a beautiful (or handsome) partner. Believing so will leave many of us lonely with a sense of entitlement.

• So with that said, if we get lucky and find a mate/partner who has all the features we want, whether that be physical looks, personality, compatibility, chemistry, and so on, then we are damn lucky because no one is going to fit perfectly into our ideal, and for most of us, we are never going to fit into that sort of ideal ourselves. It just leads to a life of discontent, always looking to improve, rather than accepting ourselves and others as they are. We are perfect in our imperfections and it is freeing once we embrace it.

Just look at the Pickup Artists out there. They teach guys to only go for the hottest of the hot because they supposedly attract what they think they deserve. I don't 100% agree with that. There are so many factors, and looks, and getting laid aren't the only ones when it comes to long-term happiness. This is why so many men remain unhappy, even when they get game.

Being shallow leads to a shallow life.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• In the first 5 seconds? Looks at 100%.

Then comes in how the guy walks, then how he speaks, then his facial expressions, then how he acts around others. Sooner or later career comes up, then family, then education. Long before you know it looks are maybe 5% of a man.

Why do you think so many guys have problems with online dating? No guy (or girl) makes it past that first 5 seconds.

0|0
    0|0
    • Addendum to my point: why do you think so many seemingly unattractive guys are courting gorgeous women?

• Show All
    • @max14327 I agree with your comment and it's a behaviour I personally don't agree with. But many guys eventually DO stop wasting time on super attractive women luckily. Smarter guys at least

• That is also true brother. ..

• I think it is. Girls and guys are exact opposites. Usually a guy doesn't like his girl to be around his friends. Girls on the other hand want to show their man off all the time to their friends so we like taking care of ourselves because we know it means a lot to you lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course they are important to a girl. I was meeting a VGL friend for beers at Hooter's; while I waited I almost had to tackle a girl to order, even though it was largely empty. He shows up, suddenly three girls show up to take our order.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are what opens the door, from there on in they don't matter as much but if your really attractive that door stays open. You can make many more mistakes that would of got the door slammed shut to less attractive individuals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at the way most if not all women react to Adam Levine/Usher, guys they will probably never actually know on a personal level. Then look at how they react to the average guy or men who are actually pursuing them, it's night and day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Today generation like looks only. Not your behaviour that why

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so to the point where a girl's attraction is also based on looks. Looks are associated with attraction as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about looks. Girls are only after what they can acquire. No girl goes on the hunt for a short fat ugly guy (unless he is wealthy, then it's back to acquiring)

0|0
    0|0
  • Basic attraction and health are greatly affected by looks. So they will always be somewhat important even if you aren't a superficial person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are important to everyone. Amongs other things, they are subconsciously an indicator of how healthy your offspring would be. We've been programmed to care by many years of evolution. Hygiene is even more important

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never thought it was important, but for younger guys, it is part of what they think is attractive to her.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's important because guys think of it as a differentiating factor amongst themselves, and since they're usually focused on a woman's looks, they're automatically going to assume that she is focused on theirs, too.
      As a guy gets older, a woman evaluates him based on his wealth and perhaps also his prestige/power, rather than his looks, so that's primarily a game for the under-40 set.

• Depends on the girl. It matters some in any relationship, but being stable and nice will do the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think for most girls it is.
    but it would depend on factors like age and intellectual abilities of the girl too.
    The older u get the less appearence matters to u...

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah i agree. I dont know why but for some reason appearance is not yhe major thing i look for. I sont mind of looks are average or a bit below but for me honesty and caring is number one.

• Most people, will think of u less when u help or care and would count it desperate even on unconcious lvl... This is the world we live in. It drives kind people into not caring cuz others taking advantage of it.

• Oh my god you're right.

• Inner beauty is good to have so is personality but you have to have looks cuz girls need attractive guys and yes guys are shallow however I can't see myself with someone not in my standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • looks are the first impression people go off on. If they don't like how you look, if you look mean, grumpy, etc. They might not talk to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I look like shit, I have no girlfriend. I kinda start making the correlation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do.. Well it is to an extent.. for that first impression.. looks are undeniably necessary.. after that it's all in the way you approach I think..

0|0
    0|0
  • yes many girls care about that, but there are ones that think of other things like behavior. but the number is low.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are, and anyone who says otherwise is either being fake-nice or is just plain delusional.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think
    Inner beauty is more important compare to physical appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes