“Love yourself before someone else can love you” is such an outdated and untrue phrase?

I personally hate myself and will only ever love myself if a guy ever falls in love with me. The phrase is saying that I and others like myself will never be able to be happy or find love. That’s real assuring.

221

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to completely agree with you. Some people... Okay all people will do much more for others than they will do for themselves and even will cause themselves distress to appease and help someone else. Now who does this to themselves, Come on now? That saying is only an excuse for somebody to say to someone who is in love with them and they don't feel the same way. It's an excuse to continue the relationship yet be able to say I don't love you though because I don't even love myself and I have to learn to love myself before I can love others. Jesus love the way that human mind and make excuses to it's self and get away with it. There's no reason to not love yourself there's no reason and not love. The only reason people use excuses because they are too fucking lazy to make the effort and find out the solutions to the problems or too fucking

• Sorry I hit the wrong button. Or you sucking lazy to begin the road to responsibility and success at it. If you hate yourself it's only because you're too damn scared to succeed or too damn frightened to let someone love you. You are stuck in a comfort zone that allows you to survive without too much stress yeah and everyday you know what you need to do but you will not do it unless you are forced to. When do people make that big change in your life it's when they actually do hit rock bottom because there's nowhere else to go but up. Quit feeling sorry for yourself a lot of people love you love other people I could give a flying fuck about myself honestly but I do care about making sure I'm there for others so they don't fuk up. Tough love you got to like it

• I am stressed all the time

Most Helpful Girl

• And what if a guy never does fall in l or with you? Are you willing to settle with self-hate? It's a choice