Guys would you date a deaf girl? And girls, what about the opposite to you?

I have a huge crush on this one deaf girl. So just curious.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because it would keep me in check with my ASL. And because I like them duh

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Dated a deaf girl. Its practically the same.
    Only disadvantage is that you can't wake her up in middle of the night and ask her something..
    Other than that.. Too many advantages. Youd be surprised.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Depends if they are wearing a fedora. I don't really talk much so it would be great. And then i could say random shit and they wouldn't think i'm crazy :) Perfect.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I am not deaf but i do have a hard time hearing because i lost some of my hearing

0|1
    0|0
    • WE SAID WOULD YOU DATE ONE NOT IF YOU WERE TOO

• I said yes i would because i can relate to it

• Yeah. But I'd need to develop a form of communication

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I guess
    I mean if I had a crush on him why not?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah sure. It doesn't really matter plus I'd like to learn sign language

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea, of course, it doesn't really matter or affect me in any way
    Go for it!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, id date a deaf girl

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, why not.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I fall in love with one yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I already know some sign language anyways

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes why not

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would date a deaf guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm learning sign language anyway, so that'd be cool.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would date a deaf person.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• You can give it a try, but I can tell you right now that it's not easy and I would lean towards no. My friend Jennifer is deaf and I've known her for over a decade through a professional relationship. She works at Amazon and recently she was coming to Seattle to spend a week there so I told her I'd show her around. I don't know ASL so we spent all of our time communicating through cell phones, which is something she's very used to and enjoys doing.

However, an issue came up near the end of the trip when she asked if she could visit her sister who is in the coast guard and stationed out here. We made the trip over to the other side of the water and had lunch with her. Almost naturally, her sister and I started talking during lunch and we quickly realized we were leaving my friend out of the conversation. We made an effort to bring her back in and ended up spending five hours at the restaurant with almost all of the talking being between my friend and her sister. Seems fine, right? Well, when my friend gets back to Kansas City, I get a long email from her telling me how upset she is at me because I spent an entire afternoon hitting on her sister and ignoring her. Listen, it wasn't that way AT ALL but yet this misunderstanding occurred. Jennifer likes to talk about how she doesn't have a disability -- she works, she owns a home, she raises a son, etc. -- and that she's just like everyone else, but the truth is she's not. While I had spent years talking to her over email and what not, I found myself completely unprepared to be able to spend a long, extended period with her.

My advice is that if you're going to do this, you're going to have to learn sign language. On top of that, you're going to have to always focus on her during social gatherings to be sure that she's not left in the corner to fend for herself. I'm not going to lie -- for me, that would suck way more than people realize.

1|0
    0|0
  • Deafness and Being a mute shouldn’t matter it’s just a prevention of words being transferred between each other there is always a way to make a life with someone like that especially since the recent advances in biotechnology

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure. It's unfortunate that she cannot experience my song/music, but there's so many other beautiful things in this world to enjoy, and sign language is interesting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why would I not..
    1. you have to listen during a conversation, makes it engaging and less superfluous
    2. diversifying your existence. Experiences are what make you grow.
    3. excluding deafness from your dating pool is , well, shallow.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would take a little bit of work, but I don't see why not. As long as we can find a good way to communicate

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean I would like to figure out sign and language and talk to her first at least. Or maybe she's a lip reader. That would be cool.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah... Surely I would... U like the person and that is all that matters... 😊😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not? It is not like deaf people are brain dead...

0|1
    0|0
  • there might be complications beyond our foresight but yes i would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't see why not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont See a problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but I would have to know sign language

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, deaf girls are fundamentally... girls.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes