Will anyone I like romantically ever like me in the same way?

It seems through my little experience In dating the people I like never like me back. Of course this is a problem everyone encounters but I swear I will never be able to have a relationship because I have absolutely never come across someone I like liking me back.. it literally baffles me how any relationships can ever work out I mean surely the likelihood of two people both liking one another is somewhat remote? I've had so many guys show interest in me and could have been potential boyfriends but none of them I've clicked with even though they've wanted to pursue something. I don't know whether I'm being too picky and just waiting for some perfect guy to come along or whether this is reasonable? Should I keep waiting for someone I like to like me back or just settle for someone else and stop being so fussy?

133

What Guys Said 33

• I don't mean that EVERY girl is like this, but a lot of girls are picky, and they don't even know it. Guys can be picky too, but you're a girl so I said girls, especially at your age.

You should keep waiting. Never just settle for any guy that won't be worth it. Good things take time and are worth the wait. You're not always going to feel chemistry right away. Sometimes the right guy could be right under your nose, you just don't know him yet. You could be looking for something that isn't there are looking for specific people, mostly based on physical appearance but you have no real chemistry, no connection. Don't be afraid to socialize, and you might find the right guy for you, but the more you look for it, the harder it will be.

• Real Talk: personality doesn't matter. Love is based on lust, lust is the first ingredient. First you lust, then you "love."

The only thing that matters is your looks. Everybody who tells you different, guess what, they're not going to marry you, they're just going to get married themselves and tell you empty, meaningless platitudes. "Oh, you'll find somebody, someday! Somehow! Somewhere! Probably! Maybe! Whatever, don't worry about it!" But you stay lonely and they move on, and their empty platitudes are just to make themselves feel better. About themselves.

The plain brutal truth is that less than half of all people ever find love. Because it's just an illusion. You can still find a relationship, but it will have to be a "marriage of convenience," so to speak, just a matter of pragmatism. A business arrangement.

If you're holding out, waiting for "true romance" or "that special spark," yeah, guess what, that's just something pretty people use to describe their base, animal lust for each other. That's not real. That's an adolescent fantasy for pretty people only. If you think that's real and that's what love is, you've just been tricked by movies and TV.

• Dude this is some weak bs. Yes lust is the spark thats required to start something but that goes out after a few cum dumps. Personality matters a lot in love, its the foundation. Sorry you've never felt it. Love requires work, which most people don't find it, cuz they're lazy.

• Have you tried flirting? Sometimes they don't like you back instantly but if you can pull the right cards at the right time you might be able to pull it off

• Have some patience. Take your time. Always look at thebrighter side of moon. Enjoy your days of independence. 😉

• You're too young. Give yourself time to grow up a little. Then you might want to date up a little - girls mature a bit earlier than the guys.
    You're still dealing with children.

• Sure, just don't give up. Just keep going after those you like. It is only hopeless when you give up and stop trying.

• Alex you may be attracted to blind people lol because you're beautiful and attraction has to do with energy. Make yourself noticeable. If it takes too much energy to be what that person wants you to be, then it may not be worth liking them

• Be paitent and wait.

And I've never been in a relationship.

I hope there is a 'soulmate' out there, and that I'd find them one day.

• According to this app you are 16 I would wait a couple years. Now let's say you are older than 16. Find a guy who you would consider to be your best friend and date him

• Well you're 16, you're looking for something that you most likely wouldn't find until much later in life. The vast majority of your age are trying to find a place to belong so they're faking it. It's super hard to hold interest in fact people. So don't worry and never lower your standards, you'll just be unhappy.

• Your find the right person in time, but before that I'm sure you will have a few people you class as big mistakes, we live to learn don't worry to much about it, we all find the right one eventually, we'll that's what I like to tell me self, and to liking people who don't like you back, ever wanted a cake what you couldn't have for example? It's the same, as you can't have it you want it

• As you stated you have little experience in dating. If you like someone, making them like you too is relatively easy especially if you are an attractive person.
    If you like a guy, go for him, make a move because he will never make a move since he doesn't like you (yet), make him feel special and show him that you care and like him then you are almost always guaranteed to have him like you back.

• Your 16... everything is fucking awkward at that age. Do you. What you want will eventually happen.

Trust me

• relax girl! I'm sure and I hope that you'll find your Mr. Right. You just have to wait.
    Wish you luck😊

• Welcome to what it is like to being a guy. You'll find someone, plenty of time just be patient

• Don't settle cause you'll always have it in the back of your mind that you wanted someone better, it wouldn't be fair on him

• You will never be loved the way you love, as they will never be loved they way they want to be loved. Communication between couples bridges that gap.

• You're young, so are the guys your age and the problem is most of them are just boys. Wait a few years, eventually you'll find a man, a gentleman, they're not the same as boys. Just be patient and don't be in a relationship for the sake of being one, they normally end badly. It's not a bad thing being patient

• Nope otherwise no one would be in a relationship at the end of the day there are some many people out there there will be someone for u maybe you have unrealistcly high barrier of entry

• Could it be that you want what you can't have? And the fact that they don't want you is actually whats attracting you to them?

• Well there's been occasions when I have been close to getting with people I like but it never seems to work out!

• Assuming you are dating people around your age it could be that the guys are expecting stuff to advance quicker than it is? Most guys that age are horny basically 24/7, god knows I was

• Oh yep I think girls tend to have matured a lot more by then. So whilst I'm looking for a nice genuine relationship all the guys around me are just purely seeing it as some sexual fling😂

• At the risk of sounding patronising, can I ask if you're dating guys your own age or a few years older (for the record by a few years I mean like 2 or 3, not 24!)

• I've dated guys my own age and guys a couple of years older!

• I think what you're going though is totally normal. The reason I asked about older guys was that girls mature so much quicker, so if your not having much luck among your peer group, then aim a couple of years higher.
      I remember feeling the same thing, and I think the answer is because guys try not to show their emotions or any feelings, and it seems that MOST (not all!) girls that are round 18ish don't like to date 'good guys' or 'guys who are in touch with their feelings', they like someone a bit rough round the edges. The problem with this macho stuff is that it means we feel embarrassed to show that we feel the same. Do you feel like no one 'gets' you? That you're the only one who understands that feeling? That there must be something wrong with you because other 'normal' people have 'normal' relationships and you feel left out? I don't think you're being too picky, I think you're afraid to be yourself and let people in, in case they don't like what they see. Does that make sense?

• Keep waiting, college have a wider variety of people, you will definitely meet someone there. I've never had many relationships either

• No problem ur young enough to get a guy. Just u didn't get ur right guy thts all nothing more just wait for right one don't fall for ass holes n get into trouble wait n get the best one all the best

• Yes of course, just about the right person and the right time, chill out go and have a life, let that person find you

• We are told to aim high, and I think it's a good thing but what if someone just wants to enjoy the little things and be at peace with what he has. It's just a thought nothing more.

• You have to turn many rocks, but under one there will be what you seek for

• Wow. I would not let you "settle" for me hun. That doesn't sound fair to everyone in the relationship.

• Eventually you'll find someone it's hard but you will but I get your point same here, everytime I find the perfect girl either I'm too clingy or something she loses interest or just doesn't love me back/friendzones me..

• Ahh I wish you luck too! Every time something seems too perfect it never seems to work! I think I'm the queen of getting friend zoned!

• Ahahahha thank youuu😜tbh I am awful for reading into things too much so yep it's a possibility I could things are further down the line than in reality! And god damn do I get jealous it's a really bad quality of mine but I'm trying to stop being so awful!!

• Its a good quality it shows that you care about them, people just don't know how to enjoy it cuz they take you from granted

• Yea, and people that you don't like will also romantically like you

• please wait for the right gay, the result will worth the time you waited.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 1

• Don't settle. My mother settled and their marriage is worse than hell as in she is constantly abusing him out of anger she didn't marry somebody hotter, richer or smarter.