Ladies, What would you do if you had a abusive husband/boyfriend?

Sorry if this does offend anyone in any way possible, it's just a question that popped up in my head! And I deeply apologize to all women out there who had to live through an abusive relationship.Ladies, What would you do if you had a abusive husband/boyfriend??

234

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be in such a relationship. Someone laying a hand on me is an instantaneous deal-breaker. It's right up there with cheating. There is no room for apologies or excuses, no second or third strike... if you cross that line, I walk away then and there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Kick him in his balls and leave him before it gets worse. A real man would never hit his wife/girlfriend.

What Girls Said 22

• I don't know how exactly it feels to live in fear every single day from the man you are supposed to rely on
    But I know such an abusive person and if I was in such situation ofc I will run away, I believe people can change but some simply won't do it, even for you or especially for you

• Drop him harder than the science class I had that wanted me to make presentations every week for the semester.

• I don't know. First that would never happen, but if it did I would probably kill him or something...

• I'd call the police. He better hope my family doesn't find out though. Someone would go to jail for his murder.

• I left him.

• Break up with him immediately.

Many women aren't able to do that because of emotional ties and mental abuse played by the abuser, but my dad was abusive and i easily completely cut him out of my life (havent seen him in 3 years), so im pretty sure i wouldn't put up with that crap.

• Put sleeping pills in his food and burn the house down?

I don't know.

• I wouldn't be in one.

• Leave.

• DUMP HIS ASS AND RUN NO ONE SHOULD PUT UP WITH THAT EVER!!!

• I didn’t stick around to see how violent be could become.

• Break up/Divorce duh, and I wouldn't be in a relationship with an abusive person in the first place.

• Easy to say when you aren’t in one though unfortunately.

I never saw myself being manipulated, but I got close to him THEN he changed and started insulting and blaming me and controlling me because I believed it would get better but I just left my emotionally abusive ex and then he threatened to kill himself

• Abusive? Deal-breaker.

• Definitely leave him

• Shit I’m swinging 💯👊🏽

• Uh, leave.

• Well some people stay because they're manipulated, or made to feel like they're worthless or have no one else etc. But me personally I'd get the heck outta there! You shouldn't let anyone put you down.

• I've been in 3 abusive relationships before... it sucks your all saying youd leave but its so much harder than that some don't let you leave some trap you by getting you pregnant so you have to stay for support some abuse you to get you to think you need him to be something all of these have happened to me its so much harder than just walking away

• Tell him to hit me as hard as he can so I can hopefully die.

• Hopefully I would leave. But what scares me is that what if he turns out to be those killers or stalkers even after I leave

• I don’t know honestly. This is my predicament right now, but he only gets physical with me when he is really mad and we are fighting. He is sweet most of the time.

• You should leave him before it gets worse..

• No, I won't judge or anything, just wanted to chat x See if I could make the situation any clearer for you, Please message me

• You have to follow me

• Turn him into the police so he can't hurt another woman

What Guys Said 3

• Yes this is a valid question but I think it falls into the "You have to be there" - For all women who have never been affected by domestic abuse, the automatic answer is always some form of "Walk Away" but over the years I have known people men and women in abusive relarionships and the myriad of responses would astound you. There are no particular types, people who you expect to leave stay or hang on longer than you think and others you don't expect are out at the first sign of abuse.
    The short answer to a broad topic is I don't know but as you get older, you become more aware of the range of other factors like kids and economic realities plus not all abuse is physical.

• Take it like a man is what you should do

• Maybe they like it since a lot of them stay with him or break up but end up going back to him