Ladies, What would you do if you had a abusive husband/boyfriend?

Sorry if this does offend anyone in any way possible, it's just a question that popped up in my head! And I deeply apologize to all women out there who had to live through an abusive relationship.Ladies, What would you do if you had a abusive husband/boyfriend??

234

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be in such a relationship. Someone laying a hand on me is an instantaneous deal-breaker. It's right up there with cheating. There is no room for apologies or excuses, no second or third strike... if you cross that line, I walk away then and there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes this is a valid question but I think it falls into the "You have to be there" - For all women who have never been affected by domestic abuse, the automatic answer is always some form of "Walk Away" but over the years I have known people men and women in abusive relarionships and the myriad of responses would astound you. There are no particular types, people who you expect to leave stay or hang on longer than you think and others you don't expect are out at the first sign of abuse.
    The short answer to a broad topic is I don't know but as you get older, you become more aware of the range of other factors like kids and economic realities plus not all abuse is physical.