Would You Date a Person with Chronic Illness?

Would You Date a Person with Chronic Illness?

• Yes I'd
    Vote A
  • No. I won't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see chronic illnesses as a dealbreaker. I have one myself and I know many other people who have one to. However, I can understand that some people might want to reconsider the partner they're dating after they find out about their illness because it can be or become something that will impact their lives.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it odd if someone thinks any chronic condition would be an issue for them. Variety is so huge between different chronic conditions. Something like diabetes or asthma doesn't really change much, assuming the one who has those conditions takes care of themselves. Small minority of chronic conditions are in any way contagious, so don't really have to worry about that too much either. If someone has HIV/AIDS or terminal cancer, then I do get that it's much bigger deal.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• My boyfriend dates me and ill always have chronic clinical TBI depression, a TBI, and possibly a slight firm of PTSD.

0|7
    0|0
    • He... Is a great man
      *Sniff* a great man

• Show All
    • I was injured severely 1.8.15 from a guy who took a stop sign as a reccomendation as opposed to a requirement and blew it - tboning my jeep me in it driving my commute to school on the drivers door. I sufferers a TBI traumatic brain injury. Have drastically increased and ever chronic depression severe depression now and forever more same as anxiety at least for quite a while quite probably not yet diagnosed bipolar I can't control my emotions worth a shit I'm like a 12 year old in a 24 year olds body in terms of happy sad and especially anger and though I have no memory of my accident from because of my injury I get really bad anxiety ptsd - ptsd level reaction when driving overwhelms me or even just being a passenger.

• Do you ever try just listening to another persons heart beating when your sad or upset? close your eyes and count their heartbeats like your counting sheep, just try it sometime 💓

• Depends on the disease. The not so serious ones like diabetes, haemophilia or asthma are fine, but I wouldn’t wanna date someone who has a disease with significant symptoms.

1|3
    0|0
  • I don't think you have a choice who your attracted to, its just something that happens regardless, whither they are ill or not is irrelevant.

0|2
    0|0
  • If it work out with us, i dont think that Chronic Illness will be in any way a dealbreaker

0|1
    0|0
  • Love knows no bounds. The fact that they're ill, doesn't change the fact that I love who they are

1|1
    0|0
  • I would, its not fair being with someone just because they have a mental/chronic illness

0|1
    0|0
  • thats such a sad quwstion!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If I love him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't.

1|1
    0|0
    • Good for you, I'm not looking dipshit. I'm happily, faithfully, committed to my boyfriend. And none of me wants or needs your lame limp dick excuse of a self.

• @FlightlessPhoenix - Many years ago, a good girl-friend of mine turned out to have feelings for me, and she made the first move. She was a little physically handicapped, and, yes we did make out once, but I stopped seeing her on a sexual level,, because I was " concerned " that other's would think I was " Just taking advantage " of her. Many years after that, I had learned that she passed away due to her condition. I have always regreted my decision to discontinue our Realtionship, that could have been, because I was being concerned for myself. I wouldn't do that again if the same/similar situation occured.

• Yes. I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. Love is all that's really important.

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• My ex has Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. I'm never dating anyone with narcolepsy ever again. Fuck. That. Shit. She also had depression, extremely bad anxiety, and agoraphobia. I'm never dating anyone with an autoimmune disease again. Much rather stay single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what illness it is and it's impact on daily life. I for example have a chronic illness but it isn't contagious and it doesn't inhibit me in any way in my day to day life so a woman with the same illness wouldn't be a problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes although it would depend heavily on the illness

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what the disease is. If it is life Threatening I it could be contentious, if it was cancer in the last stages I wouldn't, if it was irritable bowl syndrome I might giggle and say yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have chronic anxiety so yeah I would. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you as a person (I hope)

0|1
    0|0
  • Married one. Chronic disease did not stand in the way of 20 years of marital bliss.

0|1
    0|0
  • What's the point of a wife or girlfriend if she's too I'll to cook my diner, clean my flat and wash and iron my clothes?

0|1
    1|2
  • I would, as long as she would be understanding so that we can connect to each other more often and make memories that I'll
    "Never forget"

0|1
    0|0
  • If I know before hand and if it's a major illness then no I woudn't date them.

0|1
    1|0
  • Ild have to say no. My ex had several that only depreciate with time to the point she will be wheelchair bound rather soon. It's not the illness that affected me, I never minded, nor never would. It was the constant fact it was an excuse,... An immediate go to as a get out. Every argument I became the bad guy because I was being inconsiderate causing street etc... Never again!

Obviously not all women are the same... But like most things, once you've had your fingers burnt You're a bit reluctant to out them back in the fire!

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure if it's something low key and not imminently fatal, such as Type 1 Diabetes.

1|1
    0|0
  • That shouldn't stop anyone. They can still be amazing people

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, depends on the illness. I'm sure there's something that might be a problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I won't

0|1
    1|0
  • Completely depends on the illness

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure unless it was gross to be with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I totally would

0|1
    0|0
  • It is nice to know that someone loves and cares

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the illness.

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe