Do guys find "nerdy" girls annoying?

I don't know if i'd consider myself "nerdy" but i really enjoy learning and I like having deeper convos w people once in a while. Would a guy I'm talking to get annoyed if I occasionally mentioned some random fact about like climate change or physics or anything like that? I don't want to sound like a smart ass or be annoying so I try not to talk about that stuff even though I actually enjoy these types of convos the best but... what do u guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I like nerds a lot. I think it's a rare and valuable trait especially in females as I don't often see females my age concerned with learning as getting the popular guy friend or getting higher up on the social ladder. That and nerd males can be competition for me while a nerd woman is not usually competing for another nerd woman.

If only I could find someone like you IRL, that feeling when you're digging in the muck and unearth a gold bar the size of my fist.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • aw ahaha sweet of u to say thanks:)

• It's all true. I keep showing my true colors in the hopes of some "nerdy girl" coming out of hiding. I know they're there but any in my area aren't easy to find.

• I feel ur struggle lmao but some day it'll happen! I don't even talk to people about the stuff I wanna talk about surprisingly no one seems to care.. my true colours are very well hidden haha

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Some guys might find it annoying, some won't mind as it's something to talk about and some will love talking about it. Honestly just talk about it if that's what you enjoy talking about; if it annoys him, then he's not for you. Personally I would like to talk about these things as I also find them interesting topics. Although I don't really know much about them so you would be teaching me a few things.

1|0
    0|0
    • would you get annoyed at the fact that I'm teaching you things you don't know? cuz some guys i've noticed, seem to not wanna talk about topics they don't know much about, and they just change the topic right away...

• I guess a lot of people are not interested in learning anything. I wouldn't get annoyed by it but I guess I would feel a little be left out if I had no idea and therefore couldn't add anything to the conversation. But then I would just make the next subject we talk about something that I do know a lot about. 😊 Then maybe I would be teaching you some things.

• U R a limited version and you deserve a limited one.
    Ur type of mates will be rare but exist. I was an introvert and I had the most adorable life with a Tunisian girl and she was like you and we had this deep connection.
    My Dear, your boyfriend is not normal. U need a soulmate. and you will find him

1|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't bother me no, but I'd maybe speak about it for a second then laugh it off. I think you have to be interested in them topics or just be interested in you to hear about them, saying that I hate football and fifa when they get brought up I'm out✌

1|0
    0|0
  • No not at all but it has to have a basis in reality. For example if a girl is getting a math degree and shares some interest math fact with me, that's HOT!

But let's say a girl with a high school education watched Ancient Aliens and all of the sudden starts explaining how the universe works to me:

All I can think of is "omg this dumb bitch is trying to sound smart"

0|0
    0|0
    • LMAOO that's reasonable;')

• Sounds awesome to me. It is hard to have really intelligent conversion with people more worried about who is screwing who. Or what celebrity is going to be big brother. That crap getting really annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • As a computer scientist seeing a girl get nerdy about computers, I could enjoy that. So no. I dont find them annoying at all, instead, I think they are cool.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like nerdy girls. Especially the ones where we share the same nerdy interests.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love nerds. Means I can actually talk without being called a snob or appearing condescending.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends some guys love a nerd no matter how you act there will always be a group that loves how u act

1|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence is never a bad thing. Talk about what you want, you will find people who share your interests. I'm a physics and history buff myself. Also like psychology and philosophy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good to talk about that stuff for a change but a little more than necessary can be annoying.
    Overall it's not like a turn off or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself.
    Don't try to look dumber as you are, just to please some guy.
    Find one guy that is like you (or likes girls like you), that's all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Deeper conversations are awesome. Better a nerd girl than a total ditz

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd rather have an interesting and weird convo than some generic babble.

0|0
    0|0
    • i like both personally

• Not all the time but sometimes it may irritate

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, they're cool.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think nerdy girls are sexy

1|0
    0|0