Guys, do you like receiving compliments?

i read that guys don't usually receive compliments on their appearance, either from their girlfriend/wife or from strangers.

if your girlfriend told you that she thinks you're very attractive, how does it make you feel? whenever i tell my boyfriend that i think he's handsome, he never really responds to it, but he always thanks me in kind of an awkward tone.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Good feel awesome! Even if the worst had happened to him that day and you complimented him such later on, he will feel good and smile altogether. He will forget every bad moment of his life at that time and will love you more...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Who doesn't like compliments?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I had a girlfriend/wife, yes, that would make me feel great. Receiving complients from anyone else? I couldn't care less.

As other people have pointed out already, it may be that your boyfriend likes your complimenets but is trying to show a humble reaction. Or maybe you might be overdoing it? I couldn't know. Maybe try asking him? =)

1|0
    0|0
  • I like compliments from everyone 😄 But if a girl says I am cool, nice, cute or attractive, I feel that my whole body, especially my face, heats up. I do not know if my face becomes red, but I think so. Also I have little problems with speaking in this moment 😅

Everyone is different. Some people like compliments, others not. Maybe your friend likes them, but shows that in a different way. You should call him on that 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would like to know from my girl that how she finds me. I'd love to receive compliments from her. Usually, guys respond in a weird way when they're not used to receive compliments or they lack confidence in themselves or think that they don't look that good to receive any compliments.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's just an off-hand compliment, of course it's enjoyable, but it can be weird when someone says they like your leg muscles. Go for something like a slick hairdo or clothing. That's generally less weird, though depending on the guy any compliment could work fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I usually prefer masculine compliments, but I think beautiful means more and is gender neutral. He may act weird because it's really rare for men to get compliments. I still feel strange but have learned to accept and appreciate them

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I can understand your boyfriend. I too have a hard time taking such compliments, but still I do like to hear them. I think it's our culture, we often don't know how to act socially when we are put in an unfamiliar situation we have not even heard of. Or maybe he is just shy?

1|0
    0|0
  • In my entire 9 year marriage I seldom received any compliments from my spouse. I love any sort of compliment.
    That being said, it sounds like he appreciates your compliments, but is still too socially immature to gracefully accept them. Nothing more than a sincere "thank you " with eye contact is needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like getting compliments, they boost my self confidence. My ex girlfriend really liked my soft hands. But I don't usually get compliments, I sometimes get them about my leg muscles, they're quite big due to cycling. I give compliments to guys about their beards or clothes. I'm very honest to my friends, so if they actually look good, I tell them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, most of us won't show the appreciation but we usually do like it. Especially, if it's genuine. This can be particularly important if you like to get dressed up and go out. If your man hates dressing up as most do. Make sure that when he does you make sure he has a fantastic experience. He will associate have a great time with being dressed up with you and it will be easier for you to get him to dress up with you in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's exactly my response to compliments too. On the inside it makes me feel happy, proud, good, but on the outside I try to stay humble 🙂✌🏻

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't why any wouldn't like to receive compliments once in a while. Some guys might be awkward, uncomfortable or shy about getting them, but that doesn't mean they don't like them. Plus if you give, you're likely to get as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • He should be thankful. We all enjoy a compliment. I look at it the same way as gift giving, some people don't like "hand outs" but they should look at it as people giving gifts (or compliments) often help them (the giver) feel good too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do occasionally get complimented. My girlfriend also has complimented me. It makes me feel good. I like compliment, but I'm not dependent on them

1|0
    0|0
  • I get compliments like that often and ut doesn't bother me unless its an old lady or something and she is jusr showering me with them cause ill have nothing to say abd it feels awkward.

0|0
    1|0
  • I will be OK with that. My answer when someone tell me that I look good I say as always with a big smile. Try me

1|0
    0|0
  • How would that ever be a bad thing?
    I think your boyfriend just isn't sure what a smooth response would be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, who doesn't? I mean, how dare someone have the audacity bro say something nice to me, what kind of a bitch would do such a thing?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexual harassment. Don't compliment me or I'll get you fired. Feminism 101, you should know better.

0|1
    0|0
  • They feel good. Rare tho, cuz most of the time only the really hot guys get em

0|0
    0|0
  • anyone likes courtesy ( girls or boys)
    but girls like that even if it's lier
    but boys dont like it with lying

0|0
    0|0
  • not really. i dont need a ice cream cone, that melts in 5 minutes

0|0
    0|0
  • I like receiving compliments, but it is weird for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like receiving compliments. I'm weird though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love compliments! Although I get them once in a blue moon😭

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually very rare, unless you're like the top 5% of men

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy and I like to receive complements but I still do the same thing that your boyfriend does

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know cuz generally girls don't really care about the feelings of their boyfriends.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just "ok" good to know, still doesn't mean anything serious... I usually laugh it off

0|0
    0|0
  • 🌹
    Do you like being happy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone likes and appreciates complements.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone enjoys receiving compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an attention whore; so yes I love it!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i like receiving compliments from a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they do

0|0
    0|0
  • I don
    t know. No one ever complimented on mine

0|0
    0|0
  • Only rational ones

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone does

0|0
    0|0
  • I do sometimes 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • I looove compliments :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Love them, keep them coming.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's hot when she compliments my efforts in the gym :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer to receive blow jobs.

1|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes