What's your experience with rejection?

How many times have you been rejected? Do you usually make the first move? Any tips on recovering from it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Been rejected a lot of times when younger, and well.. you can't avoid dealing with it but it gets easier after some time.
    I always do the first move, but from then on I made sure I'm always a hundred percent in the green zone before trying anything ( why should I try something if it's an already lost case right? ).
    But even tho it might cole across as odd, ask why you've been rejected, it helps improving ( except if the answer is "I think you're ugly" then there's nothing much you can do about it except search for someone else )

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Got rejected three times, and I was the one initiated,
    Lesson learned, don’t obsess over guys. Even if they tease and flirt, or if he feels different than previous crushes, doesn’t mean he is the one or he likes you back. Don’t make excuses for why he isn’t replying to you, it’s simple. He is just not into you.

And if you are crushing so frequently on guys, it means you need to focus on yourself. Like socialize more, and enjoy your own company.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• At 62, many many times... How do you get over it, see it for what it is... One person's opinion, . It still Stings and no one likes it... I believe avoiding rejection is one of our prime motivators, especially at work. Recovering... That's difficult also, learning that others choose for themselves just as we choose for ourselves. b in the end time does heal everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been rejected plenty of times. At first i felt embarrassed and stupid but then I think that I've got it out of the way and they clearly weren't meant for me. So I just picked myself and started again but with a different person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been rejected a few times, whether or not I made the first move is a stupid question because if you were rejected, obviously you made the move and they said no. Just forget about them

1|0
    0|0
  • Twice but I'm a person that's quite distant and don't show a lot of emotion, maybe that's why they didn't see it coming or something I don't know

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been rejected about 900 times. I always make the first move. Everyone has their own pace so it's important for you not to take it personally.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being rejected means that they weren't the one for you, just move on and look to the future. There are plenty of other people out there...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have been rejected 98% of the time. It's why I am very reluctant to ask anyone out nowadays.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been rejected by anyone in my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get rejected. :p

0|0
    0|0
  • People count? Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dozens of times :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I really hadn't been rejected since middle school, but it happened recently. I matched with a guy I was Facebook friends with and assumed he was interested if he matched with me. So I asked him if he wanted to meet up and he sounded interested bu didn't follow up. Happens to everyone I suppose, but definitely brought me back to the insecurities I used to feel

1|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes