Is it okay to get into any dating app?

I have always been a really shy girl and sometimes that had cause me to have trouble to talk to guys in general even if I don’t like them, and I have always said to myself that I would never use any app like tinder or badoo cause of the risks or the shame that sometimes your family or friends would think, but then I think about it and maybe it’s not such a bad idea for meeting people and stuff, but still I would be really embarrassed if any of my relatives or friends found out... what’s your opinion on these apps, should I just wait or get into one?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether you try to meet guys in person or online, most of them will probably just want to have sex with you. Doesn't matter how you meet them. If you're too scared to meet anyone from those apps like I know some girls are then you're just wasting your own time and anyone that you talk to.

My friend met his wife on OKCupid. My other friend met someone on Tinder and they're now engaged. My sister just met a guy on Once and he's the most promising boyfriend I've ever seen her with. Her relationships don't usually last very long, but she thinks he's sticking around so I'm very happy for her.

If you care what other people think that much then maybe you should just ask them to pick your husband for you, so that you can make sure they approve of how you met, what he does for a career, and that his personality is up to par. Sorry for being rude. I just wanted to make a point. What other people think shouldn't matter, and if it does then it's going to be hard for you to have a serious relationship no matter how you meet them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like they aren't serious but you can try it out