At what point do you tell your good friends all about someone you are "dating" (whether casually or exclusively)?

When do you start to spill the detailed beans about someone you are seeing to a good friend?
  • After the 1st Date
    Vote A
  • After more than one date
    Vote B
  • After sleeping with them
    Vote C
  • After the "exclusive " talk
    Vote D
  • Depends on the guy
    Vote E
  • Depends on the relationship exclusive v. Casual v. Hookup
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Simply depends on when it comes up in conversation, which can be at any point. It's not unheard of that I talk to my friends about someone I'm interested in, even if we haven't been on any dates. Like I can talk about a guy at any point in our "relationship"; when we're just talking, when we've actually gone out on a date, when we've made it official. Doesn't really matter to me. It's not like I'm introducing a potential dad to my (nonexistent) kid.

0|2
    0|0
    • I think thats awesome! Yeah, as a guy in the dating scene I wonder if I have a reputation among a girls friends or not after a few dates. ?

Most Helpful Guy

• When we are exclusive would be the time for me

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you male ego comes into play? Fear to share in case it fails?

• Show All
    • I am the same way. But I refrain from doing it because if she doesn't become my girlfriend then I look like a needy idiot.

• i don't understand.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd tell them before the first date, honestly. My closest friends are well updated on my dating life. But just basic things like their name and age. And after the first date I will definitely share how it went. But I never really go that much into detail. If he wants to share later on, he can, but I'm not one to gossip about other people.

1|1
    0|1
    • So for example, if you had a first date with a guy.. then you had sex during the second date.. your friends would know the guy by name? Probably know romantic details too?

• Yes, they would know his name, and no I wouldn't tell my friends if we had sex or not. Nor would I have sex that early on either.

• Haha. Well thanks! Now I know that I've been probably talked about a lot then. I've been seeing a girl for about a month now.

• I tell them the minute I'm interested - unless I think they know the person - if I believe they know the person - I will probably keep my mouth shut.

1|0
    0|0
    • So leading up to that date your girlfriend know the gist of the guy? And I assume even if its just a hookup buddy your gfs know about him?

• Show All
    • Lol. Nice. Then later the saucy details?

• That's all I talk about.

• The second we show mutual like

0|0
    0|0
    • How detailed do you get with your friends? Sharing everything? All the juicy details?

• Show All
    • We can be different us girls if you are good to her everyone around her will love you too. Good luck.

• Yay! Thanks!

• Well to be honest as a friend I don't need my friends to tell me they dating, as it becomes pretty obvious when they turn into the heart eyes emojii all of the sudden. Let your friends know when you're comfortable but it will become obvious even when you try to hide it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't share my private or dating life with friends. It causes drama and I like having some privacy. My friends don't need to know absolutely everything about me or the people I choose to date. Keep your privacy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever ur ready. Who cares. As long as u trust ur friends. There shouldn’t be any reservations. Personally I don’t get personal about my girls if they r special. THOTs though, I don’t care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how close the friends are. But I guess after its official.

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe like a few months

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually after the relationship has started.

0|0
    0|0
  • At no point, since nobody cares.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually as soon as I get to know them

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't give away too much information

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes