Question about online dating?

So I joined a few dating sites and found a few people that were of interest, but I wasn't allowed to talk to them unless I paid a fortune to be a member. So out of curiosity, I found some of them on Facebook. Would it be too weird to add them as a friend on Facebook and message them considering that they are on the dating site and that it's the only way to contact them? Trying to avoid being totally creepy. Any thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they were interested in you on the dating site, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you added them on Facebook. Just don't come off as creepy, simply explain why you added them on Facebook instead of contacting them on the dating site.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• Yes it WOULD BE HELLA CREEPY. Don’t do it!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an experience with online dating. And I think it's a great opportunity for shy people to meet new friends. My close friend met his girlfriend on
    dating website. He said that he had no regrets about that decision. I am thinking to try online dating too :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say screw it and just do it! There would at least be a chance for you, than if you didn't. Worst that would happen is, they don't accept your request.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That is weird. Don't do that. It's delving into her personal life before even meeting her. She is going to take it the wrong way for sure, and you are just gonna get blocked if not reported.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess worst case is that they get creeped out and don’t answer you. Maybe just explain why you are messaging on Facebook. I’d go for it! It worked out for me so far. Answered a guy on match. Somehow it let me message without paying. We’ve been dating for 2 months now 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Send them a message saying you saw them on the dating site and wanted to get to know them. But font send a fr until you ask. I think most women font want to have you as a fb friend until they know you enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's tricky because, if you add them on facebook they might ask how did you find them? Its easier when they link their social media to the dating profile which gives you permission to contact them there. I would say Instagram is the social media app where you can talk to strangers easier. If the person has Instagram that would be your best bet.

0|0
    0|0
  • If people have profiles on a dating site so I think that they should be ready for messages about friendship or dating. I agree that you can try to explain why you are writing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, in the beginning I would be a little creeped out. But as long as you were genuine & explained yourself etc, it would be alright I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know its in the middle but if you really want to talk to them go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how tech savvy the girl is. I don't have fb but I fb stalk anyone I talk to online.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't see it as something creepy! Just shows your interest in them, so that's good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just send them a text... don't add them now. It will be creepy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well she accepted my follow request on Instagram, but she hasn't responded to my message yet. I explained why I messaged her on Instagram as well as to try to lessen the creepy factor.

• I thought you were talking about FB. Anyways, give her some time to process things.

• I don't have her phone number. That's the problem. I don't have any way to contact her except for social media.

• I would maybe ask them if they have a different way to text or contact them

0|0
    0|0
    • But that's the thing, I can find them on social media and on the dating site, but can't contact them through the dating site. So my only other option is contact through social media. If you personally were contacted by someone on social media and he said he found you on a dating site would you be creeped out?

• Show All
    • Ok, thanks for your input.

• Your welcome I think

• If they added you on a dating app , why wouldn't they do the same on Facebook?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go for it, but don't be creepy..

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't see it as being overly creepy

0|0
    0|0
  • Find another dating site that is for free.

0|0
    0|0
    • So in your opinion, it could come across as very creepy to try to contact someone through Facebook even though they were on the same site?

• Show All
    • Oh ok. No, I would not but I don't know about others.

• Ok, thank you.

• Maybe. Try it out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok, thank you for the input.

• Show All
    • Wish you luck!

• Thanks! :)

• No clue

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg , stalker lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm assuming you're seriously saying it's creepy?

• Show All
    • Then pay for subscription if u wanna talk to them

• Don't have that kind of money to blow.

• Use tinder

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes