Why do all guys in NY have so high dating standards?

If you're a 6/10 in another place, there you are a 4 or 5. You basically have to work out hard at the gym and wear makeup or dress extremely well (no Zara or fast fashion) to even have a chance at an average looking guy. There's no way to date a 6+ guy cause these guys just date models.
Even average guys there have super high standards. If you aren't blonde, 5'9+ and conventional looking, you are doomed

17

Most Helpful Guy

• NYC has more single women than single men. This makes men reluctant to commit because "There's always another girl." But I'm also wondering if you haven't set your own bar rather high. Are you insisting on dating professional guys making six figures?

You might think about moving to the west coast, where the numbers are reversed. There are lots of single professional guys in Seattle making great money. They are smart, but are mostly not stereotypical geeks.

• From my question it's clear that I haven't set my standards high.. I don't intend to move to Seattle from London. I'd rather head back to UK where I'm considered attractive and have better options. The city's really not worth it

• London is fabulous, but I agree the women in New York are more attractive. I don't know why, I expected London women to be more attractive.

• Maybe cause they spend 24/7 hours on their looks? Anyway that's subjective

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm from NYC, still live at NYC, and i don't think that's true at all... i see a lot of pretty+ugly, pretty+pretty, ugly+ugly couples all over manhattan

• I see ugly/average/pretty guys+ pretty girls but most unattractive, average women are single usually