Why do all guys in NY have so high dating standards?

If you're a 6/10 in another place, there you are a 4 or 5. You basically have to work out hard at the gym and wear makeup or dress extremely well (no Zara or fast fashion) to even have a chance at an average looking guy. There's no way to date a 6+ guy cause these guys just date models.
Even average guys there have super high standards. If you aren't blonde, 5'9+ and conventional looking, you are doomed

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• NYC has more single women than single men. This makes men reluctant to commit because "There's always another girl." But I'm also wondering if you haven't set your own bar rather high. Are you insisting on dating professional guys making six figures?

You might think about moving to the west coast, where the numbers are reversed. There are lots of single professional guys in Seattle making great money. They are smart, but are mostly not stereotypical geeks.

0|0
    0|0
    • From my question it's clear that I haven't set my standards high.. I don't intend to move to Seattle from London. I'd rather head back to UK where I'm considered attractive and have better options. The city's really not worth it

• London is fabulous, but I agree the women in New York are more attractive. I don't know why, I expected London women to be more attractive.

• Maybe cause they spend 24/7 hours on their looks? Anyway that's subjective

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm from NYC, still live at NYC, and i don't think that's true at all... i see a lot of pretty+ugly, pretty+pretty, ugly+ugly couples all over manhattan

0|0
    0|0
    • I see ugly/average/pretty guys+ pretty girls but most unattractive, average women are single usually

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's tough for men, too, there, believe it or not (guys' looks are definitely not even for women there). It's a very competitive place with a lot of money sloshing around

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remember this: The top 80% of women all want the top 20% of men.

In New York, where there are a LOT of people, you have to beat the competition. If you can't beat them, join them and improve yourself to be more attractive.

It is a sad truth but a man's standards are not going to magically lower. If you cannot lower yours, you have to improve yourself. It's what I did!

0|1
    0|0
    • But I can't improve myself.. There's only so much you can do to a certain degree. I can't be taller. Mascara and lipstick don't change much either and I don't want to have plastic surgery. Even the average guys don't respect you and think they can do better. I'm very unconventional looking so I'm invisible there

• Show All
    • If a 5 makes you vomit but a 6 doesn't, then you need to find other ways to self improve in order to capture a 6 right out the gate. New York will never change its standards (I live in NY, been here alk my life). You gotta play the game if you stick to its rules.

I am positive there are ways to improve yourself to beat the competition without having to resort to things like plastic surgery (which many men object to once they find out)

• I thought we spoke the same language. My lad, didn't you read my question? "even the 5s have very high standards". People here don't care about your education, your hobbies, goals etc. They just care about your looks.

• Lol it's about time guys get some high standards and stop dating obese fatty bum bums

0|2
    1|0
    • You know not everyone who isn't a model is fat.. There's middle ground. Just saying

• Show All
    • @StickStickity13 what's that funny?

• Yes of course I know that for years men have had low standards now women complain when they have high standards as they have had since forever

• Because the guys at NYC can afford to do much better than a 6-7. The women there are the same way from what I hear, they chase after the 9s and 10s who have it all made

0|0
    0|0
  • Prob has something to do with it acting like its a big celebrity state

0|0
    0|0
  • Really? I should move to NYC.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes