Dating someone older?

It’s hard to relate to some of the things that someone else likes especially when they are a bit older than you. I started dating this guy who is 8 years older than me we bonded on a few things but as time goes on I can really feel the age gap. Is there a way I can close this and be closer or will we just never get each other.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally you develop more and quicker when you are younger and this slows down as you become established in adulthood. So right now you are still developing as a person with many changes still happening in your life. You are about to start that young adult phase and maybe once you become more established in life and greater responsibilities starts to show up you will become more in tune with him. So this might take a couple or few years actually, so if you can't see if happening soon, you might have to let go. Age gap certainly do work, but they are naturally more successful when the younger partner is specifically looking for the traits of an older and more mature SO.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't. It's either a problem or it isn't. You can't get over something that is already there. Overall, yeah. There is a major difference between you two. It's best to let it go. 8 years is up there, but not too over the top. Date somebody within your own age bracket. 22 and a 30-year-old is different as far as life experiences.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My wife and I are 5 years apart (she is the younger one). The age Gap isn't too much of an issue for us. If the things are superficial like use of social media, technology, or music it shouldn't be a problem. When you say you can "feel" the age Gap, do you have any specific examples of things not being right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical age is not the problem. Your mental ages are what is different and causing the problem. I am old physically but my mental age is like a younger man. Most men my age would eat bland food, watch the news, drink a glass of milk, and go to bed early so they could wake early. But because of my young mental age I spend all day on Facebook, play war games, drink mountain dew, and eat spicy food and stay up late and wake up late too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently interested in a girl 13 years my junior. It doesn't matter, there are going to be docent tastes no matter who you date. I find some 20-somethings have better minds than some 30-somethings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i think that you should find a bit younger guy. If you can feel the gap then it really is not it.
    I dont want to go into your relationship im just telling my ho est opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol 8 years is a generation gap? I like music and books that are a hundred years old, so that doesn't seem like anything to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s a though one. Sometimes. You have to just agree to disagree. But that’s not much of an age gap.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to put your mind at ease not such a big age difference at all

0|0
    0|0
  • age isn't nothing but a number just know what you both want pm me sometime

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex girlfriend was 5 years older than me and she was japanese it worked😀

0|0
    0|0
    • She's now your ex so it was a failure. It didn't work no matter why you two broke up.

• Show All
    • No it's not. It's you and her not being directly honest with yourselves and to each other. LDR won't work if you both don't have the motivational drive for it. And it also depends on your love languages, mentality, maturity and, personality. For somebody like me, I can handle being alone and in such a relationship. I don't need all of that constant attention. But it's very clear both of you do. That's what I'm trying to explain to you. You both were just not a good fit for each other. Because regardless of the obstacles in your way, if that person was worth it. You both would have just done it and stuck through it.

• Yes i agree with you

• I did I do

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated someone who was 17 years older than me and I never felt that anyone did understand me like he did

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes