Dating someone older?

It’s hard to relate to some of the things that someone else likes especially when they are a bit older than you. I started dating this guy who is 8 years older than me we bonded on a few things but as time goes on I can really feel the age gap. Is there a way I can close this and be closer or will we just never get each other.

211

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally you develop more and quicker when you are younger and this slows down as you become established in adulthood. So right now you are still developing as a person with many changes still happening in your life. You are about to start that young adult phase and maybe once you become more established in life and greater responsibilities starts to show up you will become more in tune with him. So this might take a couple or few years actually, so if you can't see if happening soon, you might have to let go. Age gap certainly do work, but they are naturally more successful when the younger partner is specifically looking for the traits of an older and more mature SO.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't. It's either a problem or it isn't. You can't get over something that is already there. Overall, yeah. There is a major difference between you two. It's best to let it go. 8 years is up there, but not too over the top. Date somebody within your own age bracket. 22 and a 30-year-old is different as far as life experiences.