Should I dump him? (Guys, and girls please help)?

I was drunk and opened up to my boyfriend about personal family issues I was having and instead of comforting me or hugging me, he starts talking about some new female friend he met who is going through the same thing. He starts talking about how he feels so bad for her and how amazing she is while I'm sitting there holding back tears? This is actually the third time he's done this and randomly brought her up. What should I do? Advice?

187

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, you were the drunk one. You should be able to talk about those things without any alcohol involved. If it really bothers you then ask him about it, and ask more about that female friend. Quality guys don't have female friends. We have friends (guys), coworkers (both women and men), and women we want to sleep with but don't pursue out of respect for our partners.

• quality people have decent friends. sex race ethnicity age , are not a factor.

• you can befriends with whoever you want, the point im referring to is you said it has to do with having quality of character. how does avoiding based on sex constitute quality character. insisting women and men have different biology-everyone has different biology and similar biology-doesnt explain 'quality '

• A quality relationship in my opinion is a happy marriage. A quality guy is one who honors his promise of a relationship or marriage. What I'm saying is that all the quality guys that I know don't have female friends. It's not that they have to avoid them, but a guy friend will likely have way more in common. A female friend will bring unnecessary complications if you ever hang out alone or start to feel any physical attraction. Who needs that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t just pick up and leave. Confront him first and ask. If he says it’s none of your business or why are you so protective, that’s a whole other story. Feel free to message me with progress or follow-up conversations. I’m here to help!