Should I dump him? (Guys, and girls please help)?

I was drunk and opened up to my boyfriend about personal family issues I was having and instead of comforting me or hugging me, he starts talking about some new female friend he met who is going through the same thing. He starts talking about how he feels so bad for her and how amazing she is while I'm sitting there holding back tears? This is actually the third time he's done this and randomly brought her up. What should I do? Advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, you were the drunk one. You should be able to talk about those things without any alcohol involved. If it really bothers you then ask him about it, and ask more about that female friend. Quality guys don't have female friends. We have friends (guys), coworkers (both women and men), and women we want to sleep with but don't pursue out of respect for our partners.

3|0
    1|0
    • quality people have decent friends. sex race ethnicity age , are not a factor.

• Show All
    • you can befriends with whoever you want, the point im referring to is you said it has to do with having quality of character. how does avoiding based on sex constitute quality character. insisting women and men have different biology-everyone has different biology and similar biology-doesnt explain 'quality '

• A quality relationship in my opinion is a happy marriage. A quality guy is one who honors his promise of a relationship or marriage. What I'm saying is that all the quality guys that I know don't have female friends. It's not that they have to avoid them, but a guy friend will likely have way more in common. A female friend will bring unnecessary complications if you ever hang out alone or start to feel any physical attraction. Who needs that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t just pick up and leave. Confront him first and ask. If he says it’s none of your business or why are you so protective, that’s a whole other story. Feel free to message me with progress or follow-up conversations. I’m here to help!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like he doesn't care about you. He shouldn't have brought up another persons problems, but focused on yours. And the fact that that person had the same issues but he said he felt bad for them and not you, is a strong indication.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just dumb him he has been talking about another girl infront of you and he should of comforted you but he didn't and if he randomly starts talking about a girl and he feels so bad for her like seriously who does that when there right there by there girlfriend. He should of cared more about you than that other girl. To me he's a bit rude.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he could be trying to make you feel better and not feel so alone. Maybe knowing that there is another female out there in a similar position will help easy your sadness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe talk to him about how it makes you feel and explain 1. He should focus on YOU and not some other girl and 2. He should be empathetic to you
    If he still doesn’t get it then yes leave him.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's an ass. He is (yes deliberately) kicking u whilst u are down. Drop him and ruuuun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Walk away right now. What a callous, selfish ratbag! No need to say why. Just go find a better guy!

1|0
    0|0
  • What a jerk! I wouldn't stand for that. I can't say whether or not you should dump him. I wouldn't rule it out though.

1|0
    0|0
  • dump him. really. he doesn't give a damn thing for you and if you keep him it will only make you worse :'(

1|0
    0|0
  • even without mentioning the girl he's being horrible. do you want this kind of guy for a bf?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Sounds like he cares more about her than he does about you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with the other people. He doesn't seem to care. Just dump him any way you feel like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow are you sure he’s your boyfriend and not hers? He’s a jerk I’d say dump him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a similar experience.
    Ex and me went down to the pub. The whole way there he told me about one of his exes. Me being a liberal person was thinking no big deal we all have people in the past it didn't even bother me that he recently had coffee with her which he told me. I was like cool beanz I trust you blabla.
    So back to the pubstory he kept going on about her and how lovely she is and that she is looking for a job and so on. I listened with half an ear thinking he will shut up at some point. I went to the toilet thinking that will be the cue for him to change the subject. NOPE. Didn't even sat down properly before he started talking about her again. I listened one more minute to his speech and then stone cold interrupted him saying I do not care what that girl is doing with her life and I do not want to listen it anymore. He was annoyed but frankly I didn't give a shit. Ex for a reason. Hope that helps with the decision. x

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly, you are not his primary interest.

3|1
    0|0
  • Bruhh dump the fuck out of him

2|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like he likes this other girl sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • Walk away

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him it hurts you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Better break up before it hurts even more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump the goddamn asshole

0|0
    0|0
  • dump him wtf

1|0
    0|0
  • ( end It with him ) My ex used to talk a lot about a female he worked and the way he spoke about her really got to me because it seemed he enjoyed talking about her more than actually spending time with me , oh and funny enough me and he female work friend had the same name. He was just an all round dickhead though we just wasn’t right for each other

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that. Tell him what he's doing to you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes