Are you turned off by the idea of guys building their confidence by dating/having sex with girls of increasing attractiveness?

One of my male friends has always been kind of fat and shy around girls, and he's trying to work up his courage with girls. He said that he's going to start dating less attractive girls so that he can have success and build up his confidence. I think this is a bit conniving, like he's using these girls in a kind of bad way. Thoughts?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s really rude to use the girls in order to eventually “move up” to better ones. But I think in general guys use girls for ego boosts in different ways, like hooking up with an ex to know they still got it or whatever. That’s why guys suck...

• yeah, i'm always leery of guys wanting to reconnect...

• same 🙄 sometimes you can’t help it though. It’s kind of an ego boost for us too. However, I think that with his type of attitude he will have a hard time finding a girlfriend ever. I also think the girls will kind of sense he is being selfish.