Confused Should I stay friends with this friend? HELP?

I had made my friend aware of my sexuality might be gay. She has known that for 3 years and when we were having a conversation in the car about it one day. She said to me, "Sally, did you really think you'd ever be with a woman."

When she said this to me I was baffled and hurt. However, is that normal for someone to say to someone questioning their sexuality? How would you feel if your best friend said that to you?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, it seems you're being a little... Defensive about it.
    Maybe she's tired of you talking about it? Maybe you bring it up too often? Or maybe she disapproves on some level and wanted to say it.
    Either way I wouldn't read too far into it. Sounds like just a simple, pointed question.

• Well its kinda hard not to be defensive when she judges everything you do and she said it out of no where and she didn't say it to me in a questioning like oh did you really think? She said it like in a snappy where where like as if I ever had a chance to be with someone of the same sex.

• If she judges everything you do and clearly has a problem with your sexuality, why is she your friend?
      I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm a very blunt person about things like this.
      If she's gonna play the snide remarks game about something that's obviously a big deal to you, personally, I'd back my way out of the friendship. One that plays such a stupid game with such important things isn't someone you need around, not until you're comfortable with your decision at least.

• Can I personally message you to ask you your opinion on the matter? Because right now i am not talking to her and she does not know I decided to cut the friendship.. But I sadly cannot message you since you only allow people who only follow you message you :'(

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 24 when I came out it was 2004 during the election bush Kerry election I was 20 when I cameout to myself.