New guy I met online is always busy. We’ve been texting back and forth for months, but we’ve never seen each other in person. Let it go?

Here’s some background:
-I’m 21 and he is 23. We met online through POF. I know he’s him because we also friended each other on Facebook and he posts daily snaps (just so I don’t get the responses about my safety)
-We’ve been talking for several months (upward of 6)
-We both work multiple jobs, but his is a lot more sporadic than mine. He works with an Transportation firm so he doesn’t really have a set schedule. I have office jobs.

Each time we have made plans, he has kind of fallen through (with the exception of once was my own fault for cancelling). His excuse is usually he was at work.

When does it become time to just the let the prospect of a relationship go? I respect his hustle as it matches my own fire, but I also don’t want to always fight for his time. Is there such a thing as just being too busy or could he just not consider me worth his time?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He might not consider.
    Your gut will tell you when enough is enough... or you'll meet someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it go, if your are looking for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one is ever too busy! He probably has other reasons for cancelling.

I think since you've been talking for an upwards of 6 months, it would be fair to both of you if you let him know why you are/will be ending communications before you, in your own words, "let it go".

0|0
    0|0
    • My worry. I don’t know whether I should just quit texting

• You shouldn't do that! That would be rude and indecisive on your part.

All people go at different paces. Some people date for a month and are married the next. Some people date for 3 years and are still undecided whether they'll even marry. Perhaps, he's a slow one. Best way to work in this supposedly "tight spot" you are in is to communicate your worries with him.

Recommended myTakes