Is looking older for your age a bad thing?

Is looking older for your age a bad thing?
"Wow, you look so much older. You must get that a lot." Yeah, I do. From both men and women. Some are off by a year or two, but for the most part I guess I don't look like most conventional 19 year olds?

At this point I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Is "old" and "mature" interchangeable? I feel like maybe when they mean "old," they really mean to say "mature." I also freak out a lot of men when they get to the point of asking me that question, haha... What's your take? I mean, I don't see any fine lines are wrinkles or grey hair just yet...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the opposite😐 today, the television guy thought I was 15. Great. I wouldn’t say looking older is a bad thing, you’ll probably balance out sooner or later like I hope I will 🙂

0|0
    0|0
    • I find that more complimentary than looking older... ugh, good luck to us both.

Most Helpful Guy

• They don’t mean it as a good or bad thing in my opinion. If they thought it was bad they would not say it.

So they mean you look good but older by a few years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• People usually assume I’m younger than my actual age.

But I think they probably assume by your mentality, maturity and wisdom.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in my early 20's and some people have told me I look in my mid thirties, I like to think of it as a compliment but.. meh.

0|0
    0|0
  • At your age no. Twenty years from now it catches up to you though

0|0
    0|0
  • no its not bad... its harmone changes which we look older...

0|0
    0|0
  • No it is not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes